The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #26
natechevy72

Re: experience with Early Classic

I'm just saying it would be nice If they would have a deal like Speedway Motors is having on their shipping now. Anything shipped ground service $6.99 flat rate
natechevy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #27
cam.man67

Ah, my mistake, it was Mark. Not sure where I got Mike from.

I ordered trailing arms from there too, those things are terrific. A lot of great products.
1989 Toyota Pickup 22re, auto, 3.73
cam.man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #28
Mondo

I'm lucky that they're close (approx 100 miles). I've had stuff actually arrive the next day with the normal shipping rate. They're my first choice but we're lucky to have some others out there that are good too. Some focus more on suspension, sheetmetal etc...

A lot of our parts are heavy, I can't see them doing blanket "free or $7 shipping" deals.

Last edited by Mondo; 11-30-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #29
Spoof

I was a big fan up until I emailed them on three consecutive occasions with a question regarding a copperhead style tank, credit card ready to go, just wanted a question answered.
I'm having one built right now instead. Kind of a hassle for me.
I know everyone drops the ball now and then but I hold a grudge when I've already spent a pile with a company and I get bad service.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
Raguemoe

I Rec'd my headers 2 days after I ordered them. Some of these companys take 1 1/2 days to process the order. Very nice guys and I plan on buying more from them. I also think it's worth supporting the good guys when we can and stuff made in the USA. Even if it costs a little more!

BTW you can't compare a small business like this to a Summit or Speedway. As they probably ship more in one day than Early Classic ships in a year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #31
bigsnookmaster

I bought dropped spindles and front springs from them. I received the springs right away, but the spindles were backordered as they were waiting to get them from the foundry, and then finish machined. It took about a month and a half. Every time I called them, they were honest about what was going on, and everytime they offered me a set of Western brand spindles if I didn't want to wait. I'm glad I waited, as these were very nice pieces, and bolted on without one problem. I can't say that about most of the aftermarket and race pieces I have on my truck. Anyway, I think they are a bunch of top notch guys and would buy from them again in a heartbeat!
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #32
RCbowtie69

great guy's out there,brought my drop kit from them some years ago,drop spindles, rear springs,shocks,pannar bar,wiring harness to convert to HEI & remove voltage regulator to a voltage regulator in alternaor, at that time i spend $925.00 to get it to N.C. They very helpful when i talk to them. ECE to me are #1,keep on truckin''
RCbowtie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #33
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
I was a big fan up until I emailed them on three consecutive occasions with a question regarding a copperhead style tank, credit card ready to go, just wanted a question answered.
I'm having one built right now instead. Kind of a hassle for me.
I know everyone drops the ball now and then but I hold a grudge when I've already spent a pile with a company and I get bad service.
I agree... every business no matter how efficient a business there's always a percentage of inadequate service.

I'm curious what kind of issues you had. Was there phone attempts made by either ECE or you? Was there never a response from ECE? Inadequate response?

Just curious on the situation.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #34
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by natechevy72 View Post
I'm just saying it would be nice If they would have a deal like Speedway Motors is having on their shipping now. Anything shipped ground service $6.99 flat rate
I can understand that. I might buy another set just because of the shipping...

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #35
cst350

Thumbs up Re: experience with Early Classic

Cant help but agree with all the praise for ECE. They just "get it". Those guys have always helped me out when I didn't quite know what I needed or how to put it together.

I will go out of my way to support small businesses that put the customer first. I think they are the kind of people that make our hobby great.

CST350
cst350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 AM   #36
Mike Bradbury

Bought a set of drop spindles and a disk brake conversion kit from them and received great costumer service and advice when I needed it.

The only problem is the disks keep rusting very quickly. Not sure if it is the alloy in the steel or not but I converted a C20 to a C10 and used a 9" Lincoln rear. After a recent rain I noticed that the rear disks were still nice and clean but the front ECE disks were rusty with the bright orange flash type rust. Took the truck out for a spin to clean off the rotors and parked it for the week. This week we have had frost almost every night and I notice that the rears are still looking normal but the fronts are getting that spotty rust on them.

I am wondering if it is just going to be a pain to clean them all the time or does this point to a more serious issue of a softer disk or a disk that is more prone to warp. I have not called them to ask since this is just now occuring and I am now noticing it, just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583

Last edited by Mike Bradbury; 12-01-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #37
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury View Post
Bought a set of drop spindles and a disk brake conversion kit from them and received great costumer service and advice when I needed it.

The only problem is the disks keep rusting very quickly. Not sure if it is the alloy in the steel or not but I converted a C20 to a C10 and used a 9" Lincoln rear. After a recent rain I noticed that the rear disks were still nice and clean but the front ECE disks were rusty with the bright orange flash type rust. Took the truck out for a spin to clean off the rotors and parked it for the week. This week we have had frost almost every night and I notice that the rears are still looking normal but the fronts are getting that spotty rust on them.

I am wondering if it is just going to be a pain to clean them all the time or does this point to a more serious issue of a softer disk or a disk that is more prone to warp. I have not called them to ask since this is just now occuring and I am now noticing it, just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?
Mike, now that you mention it, I noticed when bringing my truck back from GG's in IA the rotors did flash rust after being driven in the rain. Once I drove it, the rust obviously wore off, but it didn't even cross my mind that other rotors don't do that on a regular basis.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
dmwphoto

Flash surface rust on brake rotors is normal. Happens on all cars.
Posted via Mobile Device
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #39
playstock

I live only 5 minutes from early classics and bought parts for my longhorn. They were really helpful every time I go there. Their prices are usually cheaper than other places.
playstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #40
Mike Bradbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwphoto View Post
Flash surface rust on brake rotors is normal. Happens on all cars.
Posted via Mobile Device
I realize the rust occurs on all rotors but the interesting subject is the fact that that it is happening much faster on the ECE rotors in front than the Lincoln rotors in the rear. THis all points to the alloy in the steel, which leads me to believe that they may be softer.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote