The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: Hello from Texas!

Welcome from Central Florida! Great truck. Good luck on your stowage door search, they are rare and most of them rusted out (like the one I have). If you are a subscribing member ($25) you can post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the parts forum. This forum is the best thing going when dealing with our trucks.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
1970 Custom Camper

A Scotty Man huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
Welcome from Central Florida! Great truck. Good luck on your stowage door search, they are rare and most of them rusted out (like the one I have). If you are a subscribing member ($25) you can post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the parts forum. This forum is the best thing going when dealing with our trucks.
I see in your sig you are a vintage trailerite like me. Cool! I love Serro Scotties!
The PO has a NOS door that he paid $250 for but said it was 2" too short. Don't know much about it. I'm sure he will be selling it soon.
I'm an Airstream guy and I plan to tow my 1972 Airstream Ambassador with this truck, so I might just rivet me up a new door out of some aluminum to match the aux gas filler door on the other side. What do you think?

1970 Custom Camper/20 "Jenny"

1972 Airstream Ambassador "Abby"
1970 Custom Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: A Scotty Man huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 Custom Camper View Post
I see in your sig you are a vintage trailerite like me. Cool! I love Serro Scotties!
The PO has a NOS door that he paid $250 for but said it was 2" too short. Don't know much about it. I'm sure he will be selling it soon.
I'm an Airstream guy and I plan to tow my 1972 Airstream Ambassador with this truck, so I might just rivet me up a new door out of some aluminum to match the aux gas filler door on the other side. What do you think?
Yes, the Scottie is sweet, that's how I got into these trucks....needed a period correct vehicle to tow it with. Airstreams are super cool also.
How about an updated picture of your truck without the topper...
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote