The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
JRHernandez88

Project "JRH"- 71' Chevy C10 Stepside

Hey whats up guys, I'm brand new to the site and just bought me a 71' stepside about 2 weeks ago for $3000. This is actually my first Chevy and pickup truck. I have been looking on this site doing research for about a month now since the first time i was interested in buying it and after seeing all the different customized trucks i dove right in. Everyday i drive it and see it and work on it i like it more and more. This isn't going to be a frame off(i think) but probly just a fix it up the way i like it and customize it my way type of build.

The funny thing about it is i kind of just stumbled into it. I was never looking for this model truck or anything like that but my dads cousin told us about a truck that he saw way out in the boondocks for sale and that we had to check it out. He does trash routs about 20 minutes out of the city (san antonio). So me and my dad went out to check it out and thought it was a pretty good deal considering it was running and daily drivable with a nice little engine and minimal rust. It also looked like it was worked on quite a bit. The guy was asking $3500 and said his son had got tired of it and left it to him. It was sitting for a few months so we finaly took it out for a test drive and offered him $3000. He accepted and also threw in an aluminum radiator, cam, and ignition wiring harness.

This is going to be a project truck me and my pops are going to build ourselves and we are going half on everything including the truck. This is my first build of any vehicle so mechanically im very green and am glad i found this site cause i can litteraly look up anything i need to know.

A little about myself. I'm 23 years old, work full time with my pops at a 18 wheeler parts warehouse. I've had 3 mustangs before this. I had a 1989Mustang 5.0 Mustang GT with H/C/I full bolt ons and a 75 shot of nitrous. I bought it like that so didn't really appreciate the building process. I also had a 2004 mustang cobra with a 2.8 pulley, exhaust, tune and drag radials that went 12.1 @ 115. I also bought it like that so didnt get to appreciate the build. I currently have a 2005 Mustang GT that i just payed off that is bone stock. So yeah I like to go fast. I don't have to many bills right now so i can see myself putting some money into this truck here real soon. Also no kids and single lol.

My first plans for the truck are to relocate the gas tank to the rear using a 69 camaro tank. Extend the exhaust out back or out the side. And put a rear bumper. That being first because i get a really bad exhaust/gas smell in the cab i can't stand cause i had the same problem with my 5.0. After that most likely a stereo system then who knows!

Well tomorow I'm going to post some pictures up of my new toy. Hopefully you guys can let me know about some of the things i don't know about this truck through pictures im gona take and help answer some questions I have. I don't know how fast this is gona go and really don't know what direction im gona go with it but here's to a new PROJECT!
JRHernandez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
blkcorvair

Re: Project "JRH"- 71' Chevy C10 Stepside

Looking forward to another stepper. Get some pics up here!
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Welcome to the board enjoy the ride.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
woodwright
Enjoying left field

Is the "JRH" just because of your name?

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
chapster

Welcome, lets have a peek at that stepper...
1967 GMC shorty Parts Pile: NoLimit, Accu Air, Kore 3, Matts Classic Bowtie, March Performance, Lokar, ScottsHot Rods, Vintage Air, American Auto Wire, Circle D, Accu Air, Borla, Budnik, Ididit, One Piece Windows, Doug Thorley, Pypes, AutoLoc, Porterbuilt, CPP, Dynamat, Dakota Digital, Fesler

1968 Chevy c10 shorty Stepper (Patina LS project)
1967 gmc custom Long Box (Farm Truck Project)
chapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
JRHernandez88

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
Is the "JRH" just because of your name?
yup those are me and my dad's initials.

Thanks for the love guys here are some pics of my new baby girl.
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=511087

Last edited by JRHernandez88; 02-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
JRHernandez88

A few more...
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=511087