The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
XxCHEVYMANxX

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Hey Johnny, I would give the crossfire line a try, for the money that aint bad. figure if something went horribly wrong (I dont think it will ) then at least you didnt break the bank. Is the mix ratio on the base coat 1:1 ? most of a paint job is in the prep work anyway, and with bc/cc I'm sure you can get it smooth as glass !
1977 Trans Am (Project)
1965 Chevelle (Project)
XxCHEVYMANxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
Bomp

Lookin' Grrreat! Its sweet how everything starts falling together after all that hard work. By my math 16 months. Thats killin it! Hope my '66 starts comming together soon. Im still cleaning.......and it sucks
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
jlsanborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
They have a good product but pricey I would shop around a little or see what the body shops are using they might be able to hook you up with a supplier..
There's a PPG distributor and just yesterday I spotted a Sherwin Williams distributor right on my way home. I'll swing in those places too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCHEVYMANxX View Post
Hey Johnny, I would give the crossfire line a try, for the money that aint bad. figure if something went horribly wrong (I dont think it will ) then at least you didnt break the bank. Is the mix ratio on the base coat 1:1 ? most of a paint job is in the prep work anyway, and with bc/cc I'm sure you can get it smooth as glass !
Looks like the mix formula is 5:1:1. They call it their "economical fleet paint".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Lookin' Grrreat! Its sweet how everything starts falling together after all that hard work. By my math 16 months. Thats killin it! Hope my '66 starts comming together soon. Im still cleaning.......and it sucks
Thanks Bomp! Seems like forever and if I knew then what I know now.... And the cleaning!!! Everytime I think I'm done with that I pull out a box of YUCKY parts. I did my best to keep everything separated and organized, but I just know when it comes time to put something together I'll be scrambling to find, clean and paint screws!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
jlsanborn

Not much to report today. Last night I got the shop half a$$ cleaned up AGAIN. It amazes me how I can destroy that place in five minutes, yet it takes me an hour to wind up cords and hoses, put tools away, pick up the trash and sweep! Big Brown came by again! Got my grille moulding, dash pad, exterior mirrors and firewall insulation. Also got my standard steering columm that I scored on the site classifieds. That got a little ding in it from shipping, but I gotta paint that anyway. Still waiting on my headlight bezels, cab paint divider moulding, gas pedal, vent window repair kit and rear sway bar. I'm accumulating pretty parts and am struggling with where to store all this stuff where it won't get thrashed. The goal for this weekend would be to finish up the black parts and get epoxy on the cab and a few other things. Once that sets up its seam sealer time. May have questions on that topic!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote