The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
pat123
Pat

Repop Parts

So iv been reading these forums about people having bad luck with repops. I know its hit and miss but i thought it would be good if we got together and made a forum about whats good and bad.
So i guess ill go first. So far iv purchased Bed bolt kit, wood bed strips, cross sills, door bumpers, hood bumpers and a few rubber gaskets. Iv also got some window gaskets but havent tried them out yet. these parts are all made by counterpart automotive. I havent heard to much about their company but so far have had good luck. Ill be buying more from them and will update as it comes.

Hope this will help people out in their restoration projects. PAT
pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
teamradrz1

Re: Repop Parts

I bought counterparts; doors, fenders, inner fenders and I think core support too.
Goodmark Cowl hood, inner and outer rockers
Grades
Fenders A
Inners A
Doors D (one was tweeked completely out of square and the metal was so thin they bent just opening and closing a few times)
Core Support B (had to make some adjustment but nothing to major)
Hood A (LOVE IT)
Rockers B+ (not perfect but good quality)

Last edited by teamradrz1; 04-17-2009 at 01:44 AM.
teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
pat123
Pat

I alos got a bumper so far its been good, i think the back of it was also chrome
Are repop deluxe side markers anygood?
pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Triplus fenders, inner fenders, & core support.
I couldn't ask for a better fit up.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Got some fenders from a board member, don't know who makes them, from the Truck Shop, great fit. Bumper and grill from LMC, again good stuff. Press on door seals from GMC Pauls, nice. Window seals from LMC, garbage. Van side markers from Brothers, very nice. Chrome tailgate trim, LMC, nice, had to trim a little bit.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
crzo68

So it is hit or miss???!!! ok i understand that... but how about reproduction eyebrows 69-72 GMC's grille trim?
whose had the best luck with these... i need a drivers side with clips/hardware for my 72. i would buy a old/used one be it decent and chrome shines enough for a driver at a reasonable price with clips/hardware... but it looks like reproduction is my only option at this point. so who sells the best eyebrows for GMC's?
crzo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
C10 Ad1CT

I dig this forum. After all there are just some parts that are just getting tough to find. I would be interested in opinions on core supports. Also bed sides and complete aftermarket bed sheet metal.
Posted via Mobile Device
C10 Ad1CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
bigsnookmaster

I have a Goodmark drivers door, not good. Aftermarket core support, not good. Goodmark cowl hood, not bad, but needed some work. Mar-K bedsides, Excellent!
I'm a true believer in GM sheetmetal!
I think there are some good aftermarket parts out there, but you gotta do your homework! Good thread!
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
weever82

Precision for the door weatherstripping was perfect, LMC for bolts/screws/nuts/ are good for cheap prices and really can't mess up to bad. Ordered the three piece firewall pad from GMC pauls and they were cheap garbage compared to the original I had just ripped out. Complete emergency brake assy from LMC was very nice, carpet kit from Trim Parts was amazing! Repop tach guage from LMC was cheap looking china garbage, Complete vent doors from LMC actually pretty nice.

Thats all I can think of where things came from at the moment...

Weev-

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Just be aware on what you buy,there's who you bought them from and who made them. Two different things 9x out of 10. It's who the part was made by that is important. On some parts there is no choice. So far,the only one I've seen who makes parts is The Truck Shop,who is the marketing end of Counterpart. But,even they sell products made by other producers to fill out their line. On many parts,once one company comes out with it,it makes it unprofitable for a second one to produce due to cost of developing that first part. I'm just glad to have the option of all the reproduction parts available. There once was none. So,even if I have to rework something,which never makes anyone real happy,at least the reproduction market put something in my hands. No one has the R&D resources to match GM's.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
WadmalawJoe

Replaced my gas tank, sending unit and rubber gasket with one from LMC, tank was fine, but rubber ring that goes around the filler tube where it passes thru to outside fit loosely, its not going to keep rain from running down the filler tube and dripping inside the cab.
The sending unit tube was off, luckily I have a tubing bender and was able to tweak lines so they meet up.

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I’m back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I got a fleetside tail gate and doors from Goodmark and I did not care for them at all. Some other post said the same thing about the doors. They fit like socks on a chicken. The tail gate was not square to a very solid GM box. It is really hard to find good stuff. If it has a hinge, I prefer to find the best GM used stuff I can and repair it. I have used bed parts from Mar-K for a wood floor conversion and everything was right on the money. Great thread here!!
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
1970 C10 MJW

subd
Old 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzo68 View Post
So it is hit or miss???!!! ok i understand that... but how about reproduction eyebrows 69-72 GMC's grille trim?
whose had the best luck with these... i need a drivers side with clips/hardware for my 72. i would buy a old/used one be it decent and chrome shines enough for a driver at a reasonable price with clips/hardware... but it looks like reproduction is my only option at this point. so who sells the best eyebrows for GMC's?
Maybe I can help here. Repop GMC eyebrows, grills and top bars are JUNK. I have purchased all three and was shocked how poorly it all fit together. I sent the grill back to Classic Industries and found an OEM one here on the parts board (2 actually). I also ended up with NOS eyebrows (yes they do exist) and kept the top bar until I can find an OEM one that I can get rechromed.
Sooooo...don't waste your time or money on repop GMC grill stuff, it is all imported by one guy and all made at the same place. Trust me on this...I talked to everybody in this food-chain and kept ending up in the same place.
Mine is a 70 so maybe 67-68 and 71-72 are different, I don't know. I do know that the 70 I bought was painted flat black like the 71-72 style. I cleaned the paint off and found all the stamp wrinkles they were trying to hide. Turned out the whole import batch was like that.
Hope this helps some.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
ole dollor

sounds like a good thread....ttt
ole dollor is offline   Reply With Quote