The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Kstatecowan

Custom K20 Project 72

I am completely new to any body work or sheet metal fab. I have been gathering parts and recently started to build my dream pickup... Dream pickup entails a custom 72 camper special, I want to have an era correct slide in camper shell for this project so my wife to be can join me on some escapades! I want to have factory air conditioning as well as factory clearance lights. I am still debating on power plant and a few other details. Main thing that I wanted is once I get this project done i don't want to have to mess with it... Rust in all the normal places I didn't want to be an issue. I am replacing all of the cab pillars, corners, rockers, kick panels, as well as a new floor pan from LMC, sheet metal that they didn't have came from auto metal direct. I would like some suggestions on where some speakers would fit well, I think that the fresh air vent would be neat if made into speakers but I hear that factory air might use one of these.. I have got as far as I have in a weekend and learned everything so far from reading other threads and just doing it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by Kstatecowan; 02-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Kstatecowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Kstatecowan

Re: Custom K20 Project 72

Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Kstatecowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
thelonerife

Re: Custom K20 Project 72

Looks like you've been busy. I would go with a vintage air system. I have had original air systems before and they are a money pit. I moved my gas tank to the rear and have speaker brackets that I bought from a board member. I forgot his name but he sells them in the parts section. Heres what they look like installed.
Attached Images

thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote