The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
72-ratrod

Questions: laying Frame on 72 swb

Ok guys , This is my first bagged build. I purchased a 72 c10 about 6 months ago, it is currently down to the bare chassis and ready for suspension. I've seen the porterbuilt video with Delmos c10, I want that look. I am new to bagging and am in need of some help. The rear is simple. As for the front, what all do I need to lay frame? Drop member, control arms, etc? Also, any suggestions on air management setup?
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

72-ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
cubber

Re: Questions: laying Frame on 72 swb

You can lay frame with the drop member. You can use stock control arms with the dropmembers, but by using the PB arms, you get some better geometry and handling/ride. You can also Z your frame if you are a welder. As far as air management, you have to decide what you want to spend. If you want a hi-tech system, and have some cash to spend, Accuair eLevel is the way to go. There are also several less expensive options with manual valves. You should check out the suspension section. You can learn a ton just scrolling through what other people have asked. The search function has helped me a lot, too. This time last year, I had a purple truck with an inline 6, manual brakes and steering, and PO heated coil springs. I now have a bagged stepside with a "fauxtina" paintjob and a 383 stroker, all because of help from the board and friends I met through the board. Also, there are some good deals in the suspension Marketplace. If you can afford to buy your system all at once, they will save you a ton of money.

That being said, I like your truck, looks like a good place to start. Welcome to the board. If you are ever over toward Nashville, there is a group of us that met through the board, and we're always up to something, so look us up!

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
72-ratrod

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I am looking at the Pro 3 setup offered by Pro Performance. I plan on having the truck laying frame and running by Super Chevy in April. I will definitely hook up with the group in Nashville once I'm rolling. I'm up that way quite a bit.
72-ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
cubber

That looks like a good kit. I might add another air tank, though. 4 gallons doesn't seem like much. I guess it depends on how much you are going to play. Talk to Travis, though. He will know.

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote