The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
JOJABOY

Driving My Truck is Therapeutic

So, I have had a foot surgery and two back surgeries this year. I have been all kinds of busted up and haven't been able to drive my truck in a few months.

Today it was 75° and sunny here at the beach in Los Angeles. So, the boy and I hopped in. Of course it started right up and ran like a Champion. It must have wanted to be driven.

There is something simply therapeutic about driving my old truck. I saw a '72 K10 Super while I was out and about. Not that I'm jealous but......wow, it looked nice.
JOJABOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: Driving My Truck is Therapeutic

Well I am glad to hear you were able to drive yours. And I hope you recover quickly.

I must say I am really looking forward to driving mine.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Mister-B
Account Suspended

They're simple. Stock, there is no clock. No fancy stereo. Most don't have AC. They aren't the quickest vehicles around either, so it all just forces you to relax and enjoy life. It's like riding a Harley in a way. They were built during a period of history that was more simple. People admire them and comment. Hell, I got two compliments today from two different people, just while gassing up at Costco

Glad to hear you're up and about, and can drive it. 3 months, huh? That's way too long. I went without driving mine for 3 days this week, while I had something apart, and it was very nice to get it back on the road.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
BugzC10

Working on and driving mine is therapeutic. Lately been working on it more than driving....but the therapy is still good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
JOJABOY

Yeah, I don't think I broke 45 mph. We stayed out by the beach. Just rolled the windows down and cruised around. My six year old loves to ride in the middle so he can open the sliding back window and feel the wind in his hair.

Truck seemed really responsive today. It must be the new air filter. LOL
JOJABOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
slow-1

Glad your were able to get out in your truck with your little boy...there will be few better times in your life as those.

I find myself more and more driving my truck just like my Grandfather used to with me sitting beside him...just pokin along enjoying the rattles and squeeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Original 350 (3 rebuilds)
700R4 from Bowtie Overdrives

slow-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
ericjon262

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-1 View Post
Glad your were able to get out in your truck with your little boy...there will be few better times in your life as those.

I find myself more and more driving my truck just like my Grandfather used to with me sitting beside him...just pokin along enjoying the rattles and squeeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
I bought my 70 GMC because the interior smelled like my dads old 68 C-10. times like those are definitely good for your son too. I couldn't resist buying a bag of boiled peanuts so I could cruise along the back country roads and leisurely toss the shells out the window like me and my dad used to do 15 years ago.

I can't wait to get a chance to go home and visit just so he can ride in it, or maybe drive it.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
jabborabbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post

It's like riding a Harley in a way. They were built during a period of history that was more simple. People admire them and comment. Hell, I got two compliments today from two different people, just while gassing up at Costco

Posted via Mobile Device
I was out cruising in my '67 GMC a couple of days ago - a guy on a Harley came up beside me and shouted "Nice truck!"...I said "Nice Harley!"...we both smiled and went on enjoying our separate rides.
jabborabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

It is funny to read the title of this thread being therapeutic. My wife has came down very ill and we see a therapist weekly to help us work through the changing things in our life....he told us to "find something you really enjoy and make sure you make time for it" Well...my truck is getting painted right now! These trucks are definitely therapy for us crazy truck owners...congrats on getting it out and making memories with your son!!!
nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
tommys72

[QUOTE=JOJABOY;6269242]So, I have had a foot surgery and two back surgeries this year. I have been all kinds of busted up

Good to hear you're up guns!! Thats always a plus...
Posted via Mobile Device

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote