The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
71-C10

Booster/Master cylinder for a '71

I have a 71 Cheyenne that came from the factory without power brakes. I'm looking for an assembled ready to "bolt on" booster/ master cylinder conversion set up to put power brakes on it. I want a factory look 11" cad plated booster and GM master cylinder. When parts need to be replaced, I want to be able to find the parts. A Delco Moraine stamp would be a plus.

There are a few offerings on ebay that are pre-assembled with hose, fittings, prop valve, etc. I haven't seen any with Delco Moraine stamp.

Some conversion setups require relocating the the hole on the brake pedal, and some say that they do not require relocating hole. I would also need a firewall boot and bolts. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've got a '71 and a '68 to do.

Thanks,

Eddie
71-C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Yooper truck

Re: Booster/Master cylinder for a '71

**bump**

Similar situation as above post. I would like to add a power booster to my 71 Cheyenne. I've looked at Classic Parts, but the price seems a little steep. Other autoparts stores are not giving enough detail for a conversion on line.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to do a conversion? Can I order a power booster with master cylinder from an autoparts store to bolt in?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Yooper truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
DjS71

Re: Booster/Master cylinder for a '71

I tried to piece one together and ran short on time so I bit the bullet on this for my '71. No DM stamp but it works as advertised. no modifications required.

Don't forget to put some sort of paint or coating on the master cylinder, I regret forgetting it but pulling it back off isnt high on my priority list.