The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
jrdecat

Re: '87 K5 Injectors not firing

Got stuck again today. I can't seem to get the fuel meter cover to seat properly on the fuel meter body. I looked over the diagram about 10 times and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The only thing that has me baffled is how to know if the injectors are seated in the bowls properly.

In the bowl goes the metal washer and then the large o ring. then the injector with the filter and small o ring gets pressed down in there. how do you know how far / hard to press those in. I pressed them in as pretty good and then put on the fuel meter cover gasket and tightened down all the bolts. Got a lot of fuel spray when I turned on the key so something isn't right.

The second issue is that I plugged a noid light into my injector plus and couldn't get them to light up when I turned the key, which is really weird as I had tested 12v to each of the red and white wires...so now I'm thinking ground wires again. It had been mentioned that the injectors get their ground from the back pass cylinder head to firewall and near the thermostat housing. I know I have the strap at the back pass firewall, but can't for the life of me find one near the thermostat housing, but I did find this:

and this:

From the looks of it, I should have 2 grounds up front G108, G109 and 2 grounds at rear G106, G110

The diagram is from a '93 so it may not be exact, but should all the grounds be either black or braided. Wondering what the yellow-ish wire should go to from my first pic.

Can anyone please post a pic of these grounding locations so i can double check? Also a list of all of the grounds I should have would be helpful.

Last edited by jrdecat; 12-14-2013 at 07:41 PM.
jrdecat is offline   Reply With Quote