The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
JKNAPP285

Project Mean Green

Well this is my current project and actually my first project. A 1972 lwb gmc c15 pick up. I was able to get this vehicle after searching for months for about 1000 bucks. A great frame to start with and it had already been converted to 5 lug. After a 300 mile round trip leaving at 5pm and getting back at 2am i was able to get her back to her new home. After pulling it all apart and running the numbers on the block i was sad to see it wasnt a 350... however though after tearing the block down i found out it was a freshly rebuilt 307 that was bored out .60 and balanced and blue printed! Now shes a 317/318!!! oooooooo

anyway i decided to run with it because its my first truck so why not!? plus i like things to be a little different. I was able to score some Jr World headers 2.02/1.60 and a nice Saturday night special hydraulic cam. So shes all put back together now. just waiting to rebuild my edelbrock 4bl carb.

suspension is all new. brand new oem control arms, ball joints , tie rods, rear trailing arms, and a 4/6 in lowering springs on it. would love to go lower but don't trust the roads here in Cleveland. now shes sitting on fresh american racing daytona 20's . SHes coming together slowly but surely!

fortunately for me i am blessed with my family owning and auto repair and towing company. I have 24/7 access to a 10 bay shop with 8 lifts. 2 ASE certified master-techs some of the best in Cleveland. The main reason for this build was for me to get better with cars all around myself as i plan on taking over the family business and i always like a challenge.

if you'd like to see more pictures and you have instagram follow me at jerryunexpected or search #projectmeangreen!!

thanks for checking it out!
Attached Images

JKNAPP285 is offline   Reply With Quote