The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2015, 02:19 AM   #11
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

So I'm about done screwing with the purdy truck. Put the leveling kit in and pulled the running boards. Scored that Range AFM delete doo-dad too. That thing is AWESOME. No more V4 mode and my MPG went UP by a tenth or more. Just gotta find the OEM filler door to replace the "racing" one...

Grabbed some rubber exhaust hangers and some 3/8" round bar to finish my exhaust. At this point I think I'm going to get some more pipe and make my way over, even if I only do a 1" notch.
Also grabbed some aluminum plate to make my drop blocks / pinion angle adjusters. Thought I'd just zip them up with my jig saw and then use my belt sander to make the wedge shape... Brand new blade and a solid minute got me about 1/2" across. 5 degree wedge? That ain't happening. We've got a half-azzed Jet bandsaw at work and a decent porta-band. I'll see what I can do with those this week. Sure wish I had a retired machinist/hot-rodder neighbor dude that'd barter some work
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote