The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

If you still need arm rests, let me know. I probably have some extras in the garage.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
Steve-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
If you still need arm rests, let me know. I probably have some extras in the garage.
I Appreciate the offer, but don't forget I live on the other side of the pond.
I think the cheapest way of shipping would be US postal?
at LMC a set only costs $60,- so if I would order it at a dutch importer, it would cost me in total (including freight) about $110,-
So depending on what shape their in, color and shipping cost, yes I'm interested
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Steve-W

So..last night was the night of the testdrive..
I watched a movie on Youtube how to pre adjust the rear brakes, so I did that, adjusted the E-brake, put the wheels on and put it on it's wheels for the first time in over 2 years..
filled the tranny fluid, checked the engine oil and filled the radiator with water and the cleaning stuff.
ofcourse she fired right up, but from the first moment she started rolling I could tell the brakes weren't what I expected...but hey, it was the first yard, so maybe the brakes needed some adjusting, setting etc.

down below there's the movie of the very first yards it drives, I actually took it out a second time and rode it around the block, going halfway the block backwards pumping the brakes so they would adjust..but the brakes suck bigtime! they are hardly any better then having non booster powered drums in front and the back brakes closed off (yes the PO did that to prevent it from leaking?...)
So or the I got the plumbing back to front on the master cilinder, which I don't thing should make such a difference, or the booster isn't working, because I do have vacuum. any advice is highly appreciated here.
second disturbing thing I noticed what the harmoning balancer wobbling around and making a clunking noice? I tried to move it with my bare hands, but it seems to be on firmly..so whats that noise and why the wobble.
I'll make a movie of that to, so it's clear what I'm talking about.

ok without further ado..here's the vid' of the test drive
check out this movie!

here's two pic's of how it looks now, second one is my 4,5 year old son testing the hood

1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 04-11-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote