The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #9
LynnB

Re: Detroit Diesel Running Video and a ?

When you turn the wheel, does it immediately start to turn the OTHER direction?

If all else fails, and if you don't mind living without power steering, I know where a good manual steer box is on a 70 C50. I think it is the same box. It could be had cheap, and I would be glad to go get it for you and ship to you for actual shipping.

PM me if interested.

I repaired a ram like that on a early 70's Corvette back in the late 70's. I crossed those two lines (the ones going to the ram) and when there was no pressure on the steering wheel, it sat still. As soon as I started turning it to the left, it immediately went all the way right, bottomed out and headed back the other way. That is why I thought you might have them crossed. That Corvette used a control valve as I pictured above. Yours is apparently controlled by something in the box. Wish I could be more help, but I am not familiar with that box set up.

Before you throw in the towel, try some Lucas PS conditioner, and let it run a bit. If something is stuck in the box, it may set it free.
LynnB is offline   Reply With Quote