The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Ironhorse

8' Fleet Side Bed Floor (Patches)

As the title says, 8' fleet side bed floor I will be cutting up in the future. The driver's bed side is shot. Truck went into the ditch on it's side and ended up on the driver's side after sliding. The floor has some flaking paint and some surface rust but quite solid. Some small holes rusted thru, mostly on the main support ribs or channels. Both rear bed corners are crunched with typical rust thru just inboard from the gate opening. The crash wasn't kind to the ol truck at all. Rear of the bed opening at the gate is good other than the corners. Small holes rusted thru at front and rear of the wheel well openings. The actual floor is in good condition and quite straight with maybe a couple small minor depressions. Nothing serious. Patches will be $20 plus shipping for 12" x 12" section, if wanting smaller than 12 x 12, patches will be $15 plus shipping. Large sections will contain the under brace or channel which will make shipping more than just a flat metal sheet. Patches will take some time to cut so please bear that in mind. Also, please bear in mind that shipping costs are not cheap, UPS for larger, heavier sections and USPS for smaller. Will use flat rate boxes as much as possible.

Money order payment only, do not have Paypal.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Ironhorse

Re: 8' Fleet Side Bed Floor (Patches)

Few more pics of the bed. Please be specific of areas of bed floor material you are interested in, measurements from corners and such help to clarify.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 10-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
bigrigpardo

what would you do for this whole back section shipped to 07646. if you cut it from wheel well to wheel well you could then cut it in 2 or 3 sections to save on shipping I can weld it back together it will be a bottom to a pickup bench I am building.
Attached Images

bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
Ironhorse

Wow, had not expected anyone one wanting that size of bed floor section, LOL ! Willing to do so but the shipping will be costly I'm sure. Measured that section of metal floor and minus the crunched corners could come up with a section 5' wide by nearly 24'' deep. There are two channels or braces under the floor in that section which are about 5'' tall each. That and also the rear floor panel thickness which is about the same. I could remove the two braces which would lessen the weight but I would think you would still want the rear bed floor pane which would be the seat front when finished. The 5' x 24'' section equals 10 square feet which would normally be $200. For that size bed piece I figure a decent entire section price would be $125 plus shipping. I could cut the section in 2 or 3 pieces which ever you prefer. Three sections would be about 20'' by 24'' by an undetermined height depending on if you want the channels or braces left intact. Two sections would be about 30'' x 24''. Have no idea about the weight after the floor is cut and boxed. The cutting to a smaller size would help keep cost down since UPS always views larger boxes as the dreaded "dimensional weight" .

Have seen tailgate benches and such on the net and a couple at swap meets. Cool, novel idea for a outside garden or man cave/shop bench but getting there to the end result would be $$. Let me know if interested at the $125 plus shipping. Thanks for the interest and the bump.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
bigrigpardo

If we can keep it at a max 200 shipped I will do it. Any cheaper is great too lol. Keep the supports cut it in 3sections and just stack them and wrap it with a little card board if you can. No rush on it.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
bigrigpardo

This is the first bench I built. I still have to put my wood floor in it. Next will have the steel floor hopefully. Lol.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #7
Ironhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigpardo View Post
This is the first bench I built. I still have to put my wood floor in it. Next will have the steel floor hopefully. Lol.
Yep, just as I mentioned, that is a COOL looking bench ! I like it.
Sending you a PM.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 10-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
oldwagon

That really is a cool bench!!!
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #9
Ironhorse

Rear bed section as marked in the pic SOLD to member bigrigpardoThanks for the purchase, Andrew.

Still some good floor patch material left to repair those bed floors for anyone interested. $20 plus shipping for 12'' x 12'' section.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks