The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
harrij4

Re: Emission & FMVSS Labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Here's the CA emissions decal correct for at least 1972. LM code - not reproduced to my knowledge.
Damn, that's it! Thanks! Now, unfortunately that's basically the ONLY one I can't find reproductions of....doh
harrij4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #2
hemi43

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrij4 View Post
Damn, that's it! Thanks! Now, unfortunately that's basically the ONLY one I can't find reproductions of....doh
Should be pretty easy for someone with a bit of artistic talent to duplicate that decal.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
C107168

I’ve been in a long ongoing issue trying to a register a 71 C10 in CA that I purchased from CO over a year ago. CHP listed emissions label as “missing” on VIN verification form. Turned in form along with all other documents to DMV and their “Registration Suspense Unit” wrote back stating they wanted a emissions compliance letter from the vehicle manufacturer. Contacted GM for this letter and they say they can’t produce it because their records don’t go back that far (back to 12 digit VINs). I’ve been on the phone with them numerous times, even wrote a formal letter, providing pictures of every other label on the truck proving that it exists, and they still won’t produce a letter. Also, purchased a reproduction emissions label from Classic Industries but DMV not willing to accept another VIN verification form. I’ve considered legal action but don’t know who to go after, GM or the state of CA. Thinking I’d have better luck going after GM but at what cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
C107168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #4
harrij4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C107168 View Post
I’ve been in a long ongoing issue trying to a register a 71 C10 in CA that I purchased from CO over a year ago. CHP listed emissions label as “missing” on VIN verification form. Turned in form along with all other documents to DMV and their “Registration Suspense Unit” wrote back stating they wanted a emissions compliance letter from the vehicle manufacturer. Contacted GM for this letter and they say they can’t produce it because their records don’t go back that far (back to 12 digit VINs). I’ve been on the phone with them numerous times, even wrote a formal letter, providing pictures of every other label on the truck proving that it exists, and they still won’t produce a letter. Also, purchased a reproduction emissions label from Classic Industries but DMV not willing to accept another VIN verification form. I’ve considered legal action but don’t know who to go after, GM or the state of CA. Thinking I’d have better luck going after GM but at what cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're experiencing my worst case scenario. I had the FMVSS and Emissions decals reissued then used AAA to do the registration. Smooth sailing, but if I hadn't had the labels I would have been facing the CHP. I wonder if there's a way to withdraw the original application and then re-apply using reissued decals and either AAA or a private VIN verifier?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:34 AM   #5
C107168

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrij4 View Post
You're experiencing my worst case scenario. I had the FMVSS and Emissions decals reissued then used AAA to do the registration. Smooth sailing, but if I hadn't had the labels I would have been facing the CHP. I wonder if there's a way to withdraw the original application and then re-apply using reissued decals and either AAA or a private VIN verifier?
I’ve also considered asking DMV for the paperwork back and re-applying but worried they have the VIN flagged in their system. Might be worth registering it in AZ for a year and then try again in CA. Sucks, truck sits in the garage for over a year, can’t enjoy it and shot down every effort I make.

Funny thing is, just about every one of these trucks you see for sale online don’t have the sticker.
Posted via Mobile Device
C107168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #6
harrij4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C107168 View Post
I’ve also considered asking DMV for the paperwork back and re-applying but worried they have the VIN flagged in their system. Might be worth registering it in AZ for a year and then try again in CA. Sucks, truck sits in the garage for over a year, can’t enjoy it and shot down every effort I make.

Funny thing is, just about every one of these trucks you see for sale online don’t have the sticker.
Posted via Mobile Device
Right! And, one of the reasons the CA examples are worth more $$. Once they're registered and titled in CA, its a huge hurdle and something that increases the value a few $k. The whole thing is stupid if you ask me. It's a nearly 50yo car, of course it doesn't have an effing sticker left... Good luck to you!
Old 11-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
CoolK5

As long as your truck is a pre 1975, in California,then it is smog exempt. They shouldn’t ask you anything about smog or require any smog checks.
CoolK5 is offline   Reply With Quote