The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
68racer
Yeah baby!

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

I am contemplating an engine set back, not as radical but still noticeable. I am planning to move the brake pedal over to the left of the steering column and put the throttle where the brake pedal is at present. I bought a Wilwood pedal to mount on the bulkhead and found a Jaguar XJS throttle pedal to hang from the dash.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68racer View Post
I am contemplating an engine set back, not as radical but still noticeable. I am planning to move the brake pedal over to the left of the steering column and put the throttle where the brake pedal is at present. I bought a Wilwood pedal to mount on the bulkhead and found a Jaguar XJS throttle pedal to hang from the dash.
The way I look at it. Once you go beyond 4"-5" there's not much difference between that and 10" or more. You got the idea though, column right thru the middle of the two. I figure the seat will also be moved as far left as the cage/door will allow also.

Something else that bugs me about the foot well is the angled area between the floor and the firewall where the pedals go. I plan to flatten that area out as much as possible to provide more leg room. Maybe even do a floor mounted pedal assembly. There is a huge gap between this area and the frame so there is plenty room to move the floor down/flat. There is a body seam though so it'll get interesting flattening it out.
slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote