The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Putting in rear seats for my panel.

The rear panel floor is flat all the way to the rear of the drivers seat. Unlike a burb that continues the recess area back to the second seat.

Im just thinking ahead, and it might not ever be a thing ... I have at least two burb third row seats. And several burb short second row seats. I know I could easily install one burb third row, but could I install two burb third rows if I really wanted to up the seating capacity of my panel someday?

It wouldn't be any different than having a burb short second row ... correct?
They both would have the level mount front and rear since the floor is flat. Probably over thinking haha.

Also while Im asking. Are the seat bottom and back exactly the same and interchangeable short second and third row? I realize the mounting is a bit different, just talking about the seat parts only.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Bigdav160

Re: Putting in rear seats for my panel.

I don't see why not. IIRC the bolt spacing on the bracket is the same.

Thinking out loud, what did vans use for seat mounting?
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Thanks, just needed confirmation I was on the right track. I don't know about the vans.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Travisarmenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
The rear panel floor is flat all the way to the rear of the drivers seat. Unlike a burb that continues the recess area back to the second seat.

Im just thinking ahead, and it might not ever be a thing ... I have at least two burb third row seats. And several burb short second row seats. I know I could easily install one burb third row, but could I install two burb third rows if I really wanted to up the seating capacity of my panel someday?

It wouldn't be any different than having a burb short second row ... correct?
They both would have the level mount front and rear since the floor is flat. Probably over thinking haha.

Also while Im asking. Are the seat bottom and back exactly the same and interchangeable short second and third row? I realize the mounting is a bit different, just talking about the seat parts only.
The other thing to consider is the rear floor brace for the third seat in the Sub is the same the K5 used. The middle seat rear brackets mounted to on the Sub body through the wood, while the front ones have a cross member.

So if you were to use 2 third row seats you would need 2 rear mounting channels. These are also where the middle seat belts mount to.
Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I was figuring if I do put rear seats it I would have to put in some nice steel bracing for seat and belt mounting. I don't think running a bolt through a wood plank would be ideal =)

We will see. Ive been hot and cold on this project, mostly ice cold for years. I need to try to hang on to my enthusiasm if I can. Im having the seat, door panels, visors, and dash pad all done right now. Still a couple weeks out or so though.