The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
cfan10

Cool Does anyone remember?

I was a kid buying truckin/mini truckin magazine I remember these style trucks had a power rear window. Most popular these days is the power titan conversion, but I do not like the idea of how easy these are to access.

I've been thinking about rigging up a the mechanism from either a suburban/blazer or buying the tundra mechanism and using custom cut lexan.

'84 c10
Rest In Peace:Mikhail {Mickey Rooney} Alpha 2/5/13 Omega 7/22/14 10:28AM I love you tremendously and outragiously Superpuppi Thai Ridgeback...The most intelligent dog known to me.
Don't mess with my truck, my momma or my money...not necessarily in that order. ©
Stand for something or fall for anything.
[LIST][*]'98 Bourbon St. Brawl ©2010
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
48cj2a

Re: Does anyone remember?

I remember wanting one...I think it was CR Laurence back in the day

https://breezerwindows.com/
48 Willys CJ2A 48CJ2A
48cj2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
Shugalou

Love the idea! At first I thought they were auto up and down on the website but I see that it comes with a storage bag option. I didn't watch the video to confirm install.

That would be a nice mod to the truck though for sure!

Newspaper Article Publishing the quest find my dad's old truck
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle12494281/
Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
kipps

I saw some mention of those trading on facebook. It was a 73-87 group, and they were selling in new/old-stock condition for over $1500.

One caution about the Lexan idea. Many states mandate safety glass(the kind that crumbles) for every side and rear window of a vehicle. Since Lexan doesn't have the proper stampings in the lower corner identifying it as safety glass, it doesn't qualify. You might get by for years without a state inspector noticing, but if they do, you'll be obligated to put a safety glass window back in.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
Ziegelsteinfaust

I had briefly thought about swapping the Suburban rear hatch for the window into a crew cab dually I owned barely long enough to register. Because I had the parts from a rusty junk Suburban my friend bought for the 4wd parts he needed on his.

On your rcsb it would eat up to much behind the seat room to just swap a Suburban hatch assembly. You would have to re-engineer the whole thing, and I am sure someone has done it.

If I remember correctly the Suburban hatch window moves at a angle into the door, and the tracks would have to be set vertical. Which may mean a second hatch to gain enough track due to cutting to make it straight.

Depending on how tall you are, and like to sit the seating may need to be taken into account for depth.

In the end I swapped in a sliding rear window assembly I had. Then a guy I meet offered stupid money for the truck, and I sold. After I spent a week of evenings Churching the truck up.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote