The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #9
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Paint on column did not fully cure...

Stripped and primered/painted column again. Believe I know where I messed up at, did not follow the instructions on the paint well enough. Re-apply time was after 1 hr. or 48 hrs. after first application. I was applying coats on and off during that day about 3 hrs after first coat.

This time around I applied one coat and will sand and apply my second/third coats after a full 72 hrs of dry time and within the 1 hr window. Then I will let cure another full 5-7 days before I install it.

I have a collapsible intermediate shaft and the U joints coming along with the Lokar ACA-1800 shift linkage that ididit recommended. Hopefully I can get all this put in once the column paint is finished.

Then I either want to have front/rear glass installed (most likely) or drop truck of for transmission rebuild....bu that will probably be after glass. Once glass/transmission are done I can get carpet/seats/doors installed, brakes bled again and it should be just about ready for a road test.

I am ready to get this truck on the road, get all the kinks worked out to drive it daily and then start working on the comforts I will still want like A/C, Cruise, stereo....etc