The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
Zachary17

Re: 1970 gmc c10 driver

I was having some trouble loading pictures but got it to work now.last weekend I decided to clean up the cab and I used a pressure washer probably wasn’t a good idea to get everything in the cab wet.
Attached Images

Zachary17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #2
Zachary17

Wiring is a complete mess so many Splices in it sealed with tape and a main feed wire from the battery with a smaller gauge wire I don’t see how this truck never caught on fire.the wheels on the truck are 16x8 rally’s which don’t even fit they rub the bed.and someone took a Grinder to the upper ball joints to get them to fit and they still rub.
Attached Images

Zachary17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
68 C10 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary17 View Post
Wiring is a complete mess so many Splices in it sealed with tape and a main feed wire from the battery with a smaller gauge wire I don’t see how this truck never caught on fire.the wheels on the truck are 16x8 rally’s which don’t even fit they rub the bed.and someone took a Grinder to the upper ball joints to get them to fit and they still rub.
My truck's wiring harness was exactly the same way. 50 years of hacking and novice add-ons making it a horrendous mess. I just ordered a new wiring harness to make things easier. I will have a few electrical additions, but I will add an additional fuse block that is hidden for those things.

Best of luck on your build, I will check in time-to-time to see how your project is going.
68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote