The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
TKCR

Re: Restoring Rusty

I had to find some pictures to duplicate and edit, to show how and where these tracks bolt to the bottom of the seat frames. Now had GM had the weld nuts in all these locations, then the frames could have been used with both the 73-76 AND 77-80 tracks.
1st pic is the 73-76 and their bolt locations.
2nd is the 77-80, and the top bolt is actually under the rail of the frame and under the cover.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I had to find some pictures to duplicate and edit, to show how and where these tracks bolt to the bottom of the seat frames. Now had GM had the weld nuts in all these locations, then the frames could have been used with both the 73-76 AND 77-80 tracks.
1st pic is the 73-76 and their bolt locations.
Thanks TKCR do you have a pic of the passenger side rail and spring for the 73-76 please?
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Thanks TKCR do you have a pic of the passenger side rail and spring for the 73-76 please?
Pics for the 73-76. The passenger side does not get a spring.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #4
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Pics for the 73-76. The passenger side does not get a spring.
thank you so much T, that's exactly what I was looking for, so I'm not crazy, there is no matching large spring on the passenger side, and I just spent 4 hours tearing up my garage looking for it? so whats that hole in the rail bracket for?
Old 10-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #5
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
thank you so much T, that's exactly what I was looking for, so I'm not crazy, there is no matching large spring on the passenger side, and I just spent 4 hours tearing up my garage looking for it? so whats that hole in the rail bracket for?
Lol, sorry you spent all that time for nothing. I can’t say what that hole is for. I have never seen anything attached to it. I thought maybe with the buckets seats, but I looked at some photos, and it’s not used there either.
I’m really impressed with the work you did on your seat, it turned out great! Excellent job
Old 10-02-2021, 08:09 AM   #6
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Lol, sorry you spent all that time for nothing. I can’t say what that hole is for. I have never seen anything attached to it. I thought maybe with the buckets seats, but I looked at some photos, and it’s not used there either.
I’m really impressed with the work you did on your seat, it turned out great! Excellent job
Oh wow T, coming from a pro like you that really makes my head swell up I may not fit through the door, really appreciate your help I really do you guided this fool throughout the project and kept me from veering off constantly, it was a massive amount of work, I appreciate what you do for us you deserve every dollar you make.