The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2023, 11:39 AM   #1
coldrider

Re: Far North 67

So what to put in? The TMI and Snowden stuff is great, but I didn’t want to spend that kind of money. After looking at a bunch of ideas in various seat threads, one that I really liked was the king ranch swap by buspilot23 here, which is really clean.

I know, I know… I’m talking about putting F-brand parts in a C10. Don’t hold it against me yet, it might get worse depending on what you think about the other non-chevy brands.

The trouble with king ranch seats was finding them. The salvage yard here hadn’t had any in years so I started to look through everything else. I tried to stay with the rear seats out of an f150 because of the dimensions, but the only thing available was grey or black and I wanted to keep a brown interior. Ended up walking out with like-new rear heated leather seats from a ‘15 Ram Laramie Crew Cab for $230. I didn’t love the longhorn patches, but it wasn’t a deal breaker and I don’t even notice them now.

A quick test fit after getting them home to see how high/low they sit relative to steering wheel, back window, etc. The headrests are on sitting on the shelf for another day, they need cut way down to work.
Attached Images

coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:47 AM   #2
coldrider

Re: Far North 67

At 62” wide, not only are they wider than stock, so are the mounts. The outer legs are so far out they sit directly above where the floor slants down to the door sills. Plus, the center legs land in an awkward spot on the floor hump.

About this time, I went back to the KR seat thread and saw how easy that installation looked (trim front ears & bolt down). While I considered taking the seats back for a refund to look for something easier, I decided to keep them because trying something new or different can be half the fun of projects like this, even if it takes a little longer.
Attached Images

coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote