The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2023, 12:08 AM   #1
RustyPile

Re: lokar shifter hitting dash. slips out of park

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardenafil View Post
i think the previous owner installed incorectly. there is too much slop in the lever before it even moves out of gear. the rear mounting bracket is missing i think if that was on it would be solid. i also think the shifter needs to be moved back one notch on the pattern. ill post pictures later to show what i mean.
Couple suggestions.. Contact Lokar and ask for a copy of the instructions for your particular model..

The cable operated shifter is different from my "rod operated" shifter. My shifter came with 3 different arms that fit on the shifter mechanism. After you get the shifter mounted in the floor, and have selected the arm and have it "clocked" per the instructions, here's how to get the transmission arm and shifter in sync and connected.. Remove the threaded shift rod. Put the shifter in park. Put the transmission in park. Measure the distance between the holes in the two arms.. Subtract 1 1/2 inches and cut the treaded rod to that length.. Put a jamb nut on each end of the rod. Install a spherical rod end on each end and adjust the length so that the connector bolts will pass through the rod ends easily..... The detents in the transmission should coincide with the detents on the shifter..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote