The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2002, 07:59 PM   #1
gmtruck71
xwrench2003

Question Rustfree

Has any one dealt with an outfit in Cedar Rapids Iowa called Rust Free Auto Parts? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1971 K-10 LWB Cheyenne (461\T-400)
93 S-10 Blazer (330,000 and still going)
86 SS Monte Carlo (40,000 miles)
85 Chevy Scottsdale
02 Jeep Liberty
gmtruck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
HvyChevy454
Slowly getting CRSS...

i remember they used to sell alot of stuff when i first joined the board, everybody said they were way pver priced and the dealer was kinda shady.... i think...
The Heavy Chevy Website
------------------
  • 72 Cheyenne 10 LWB GM 12-bolt 3.08 w/ Auburn Posi
    91 454 Edel Performer RPM Intake 750 cfm carb Comp Cam 268/.495 Hedman Headers Dual 3'' Exhaust
  • 71 Cheyenne 20 4x4 Fact. A/C PS PB Tilt Currently in the works...
Speak Softly and Carry A Big Block...
There is No replacement for Displacement...
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

HvyChevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:12 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

No, I think that was Rustfree Classics your thinking of...in Indiana I think.
I have been hearing some good things bout them lately.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:42 AM   #4
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

AHH HAH

this thread was built for me.

Back in 97 or so me and my Dad had saw an ad in a auto trader for them. He needed a new cab for his 70CST so we drove all the way down to that place from Canada eH!

He had talked to them on the phone and they said what they had so we drove 18 or something hours staring at thousand of miles of corn fields with a trailer to find out that the cab that we were possibly going to get had been sold earlier that day. The one that was sold wasnt that good and a major dent in it. So we ended up going home with a 71 or 72 A/C cab "RUSTFREE"
NOT

The way they get these cabs is that they take one of those 30 or 40 foot 5th wheel ramp trailers and go down to texas and pick them up there. This cab we got is definetely not rust free. That was back in about 97 that we got it, It is still far from being finished having the new rocker backing plates and parts of the floor being put in. The cab corners that we did to it are pretty much done. The cab came like it would as if someone took it off of a running truck, guages, trim etc. The carpet was in it still. I think it ended up costing ~$600 US. But we got all the interior and firewall A/C parts. Looking back I guess it wasnt really a deal. Actually after we had bought it and we were leaving on the way home I had remembered that I had saw 2 ads for rust free places in Cedar Rapids, the other one was just a little bit down the highway from the one we went to. Didnt want to go see what they had at that point. Bottomline carefully check out what you get, have them lift it up with a forklift, pull carpet out, check for squareness.

Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote