The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #26
zenish

ive only seen two 67-72 suburbans since i bought mine over a year ago.and no panels.
2006 yamaha vino 125
1975 goldwing
zenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #27
4x4Poet

70rs/ss, I expected a higher final bid. I'm guessing that since the pics rule on ebay, improving the general appearance of your burb would help. I think two things, mainly, would increase the ebay potential of your burb:

1. Rub out the paint so the body panels don't seem so different in color. Then it wouldn't look so close to one with half-finished bodywork going on.

2. Make the A/C functional or at least install the compressor and hoses while saying it needs to be checked and recharged. Then the engine compartment pics wouldn't have the A/C compressor missing from a truck that has A/C componentry in the cab. People like complete old trucks even if things need to be fixed.

Better success next time.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #28
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenish
ive only seen two 67-72 suburbans since i bought mine over a year ago.and no panels.
Yeah, those panels are the rarest of the rare. I believe that they were only built when special ordered.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #29
70rs/ss

Exclamation 72 Burb for sale

Well, ebay did not work for me so it is back to the boards again. It is for sale for $2500 OBO, and it must go, so if you are interested contact me because it is going to make someone a nice truck and I am going to make them a DEAL!!!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #30
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss
Well, ebay did not work for me so it is back to the boards again. It is for sale for $2500 OBO, and it must go, so if you are interested contact me because it is going to make someone a nice truck and I am going to make them a DEAL!!!!
It really stinks when you don't get what you are asking for especially if you put some money into it. That's the thing about e-bay though, you could get a general idea of what people would be willing to spend on your vehicle. You could probably get what you are asking for your truck or at least close to what you are asking but you may be sitting on it for awhile. Believe me, I've been there. Personally, I would spend that much money for it. That's the problem though, there are lots of people out there that would buy it off of you but lots of factors come into play: location, space, available money at the time and in some cases your significant other.
I say be patient and advertise more locally and somebody will pop-up for it eventually.

Good luck,
Larry

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

It`s definately worth it.It`ll sell.Ebay is wierd.One thing I know,if it looks good(shiney)in the pictures(or in person),people jump on it.There could be a multitude of sin hidden.I`d prefer to buy a vehicle in original condition,showing the honest condition of the body.A beautiful restored vehicle comes from these vehicles with time and money saved by not needing to undo patchwork and quick-fix work done just to get more money out of it.I`d buy a beautiful truck if it was in original condition or if restoration was well documented with before/during/after pictures.I would expect to pay the price,too.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #32
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
It`s definately worth it.It`ll sell.Ebay is wierd.One thing I know,if it looks good(shiney)in the pictures(or in person),people jump on it.There could be a multitude of sin hidden.I`d prefer to buy a vehicle in original condition,showing the honest condition of the body.A beautiful restored vehicle comes from these vehicles with time and money saved by not needing to undo patchwork and quick-fix work done just to get more money out of it.I`d buy a beautiful truck if it was in original condition or if restoration was well documented with before/during/after pictures.I would expect to pay the price,too.
Exactly. It's tough to sell something that doesn't look pristine because there may be hidden problems that may make a potential buyer weary. I'm not saying this Burbs the case but plenty of people have been burned via E-bay and won't take that chance. I'm sure that if somebody was able to see it personally it would sell in an instant.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Actually,what I meant was that alot can be hidden beneath shiney paint.It`s safer to buy a vehicle with bad original paint where you can see what you get.That shiney paint`ll have to come off if there`s work to be done on the body,yet.Maybe more than you thought.But,if it looks shiney,people will show more interest.Unless they are educated buyers,most aren`t.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #34
70rs/ss

72 Burb 4 sale

It is still here, if anyone out there has $$ and wants a nice burb, let me know. I am siding with you all on the original paint hides no evil. I have seen some nice shiney trucks five years down the road when lumps of bondo finish rusting out and fall on the ground. Anyone can cover up rust and damage with Bondo and paint for a little while. I would rather them in bad original shape or stipped of paint than a new earl shiebs hack job hiding all kinds of unknowns. This is the original paint, and if I spent $100 or a couple of hours with a buffer I could bring a shine to it (buff out the oxidation), but I thought it might look too fake, after all it is 33 years old and original paint. Anyone out there with a decent trade or $$ call me or email!!

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-17-2005, 01:20 AM   #35
CG
BlahBlahBlah

do you have a pic of the frontend? it looks like the grill and surround is damaged....thanks
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #36
70rs/ss

72 burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG
do you have a pic of the frontend? it looks like the grill and surround is damaged....thanks

It is, that is the insert is not perfect. The surround is OK but not going to win any awards for best of show. They are OK for a driver. I intended to convert it to a 67-68 front clip, but then I found a nice 68 Burb, and allas that is why this one is for sale.

Thanks, mike