The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2004, 11:46 PM   #26
wdz28ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagd72Chevy
yeah. I want to get the crossmember down, then I'll notch the crossmember your way, and bridge the rear for the final drop.
I'd think that your only hope to lay the crossmember (control arms) is to use a puck in the top of the bag instead of using a plate. Also...If you need, I have a 10" step notch all bent and ready to weld up for a coil spring frame that I bought and was going to cut out my 7" notch....but now I have decided to just start over and build a new frame. It cost $150 and I dont need it anymore. $100 plus shipping if you're interested Bagd72chevy...if not, I probally will put it up in the proper thread along with a few other parts I need to get out of the garage.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:24 AM   #27
bagged74
its just $$$$$

I had a plate on top and a very small cup on bottom, in my '74. The Control arms would lay on the ground easily after I trimmed the inner fenders. My guess is your bottom cup is too tall, but I could be wrong. I suggest taking the shocks loose, checking for fender clearance, and cut down your bottom cup, or take it out all together.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote