The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
tbrown5079

56 Cameo build

I am just getting into a 56 build for a daily driver. I have all the origional fiberglass to make it a Cameo.

This is my second build, as I have a 40 truck with pacer front end, 350, 9" ford rear, saginaw 3 speed, etc. It looks origional but everything but the sheet metal has been changed. I've been driving it for over ten years and decided I had better get started on another truck before it"s too late. I have some good friends who are very talented and give me help and advice. This is a great hobby.

Back to the 56. I'm posting some pictures and hope to keep this going, but I'm not going to be as quick as some of you.

We installed an elcamino front clip ( I knew the guy that had it and was in good condition), did the motor and transmission mounts with dummy block and transmission, put the c-notch in the frame, installed the blazer springs and rear, and cut the cab for the big rear window.

I have a summit tank, new leather seats donated by a good friend, steering column, and a few other things collected.

I'm going to have a ton of parts to sell along the line, ( pretty much an entire front clip,cameo bedsides with brackets, doors, tank, etc)

I hope to get the cab in good shape and mounted over the winter.

I enjoy this site and hope I can contribute to what you all have started.
Attached Images

tbrown5079 is offline   Reply With Quote