The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
coolbus4us
cuts corners

68 Suburban Coolbus Build/maintain.

The story goes.... we had a 53 Plymouth cranbrook 4 door that we just outgrew with the birth of our latest addition this past Thursday! Soo we found this sweet 1968 Suburban 3 door up in Tucson for sale by the 2nd owner. Even came with service records from 1968 till about 1983. It was sitting out in the calm Arizona sun for many many years in an unmolested but undrivable state. Insert me... and after a few hours of tinkering, fluid changes, brake checks, and other safety related things I got it running and decided to drive it the 75 miles back to my house! Well I made with my wife and 4 kids following in the chase van. Once home, today....a nice sunny Sunday we went to work cleaning and waxing, changing plugs and wires, lubing and eventually going for the first family ride in our new CoolBus. Everyone was smiles even the people we passed. It must not be every day that you see a young family go to work and enjoy a classic truck like this....oh and it is bright yellow, which may have something to do with the attention as well.
[EDIT] oh yeah I paid $1300.00 for it

Below are some pictures of the day I went to see it and from today after the cleanup.
Attached Images

Last edited by coolbus4us; 10-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.
coolbus4us is offline   Reply With Quote