The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #51
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Dropped crossmember truck handling

You should have bought the Thorbecke Bros. front end.
They went out of the "C10 raised crossmember business" about a year after they copied the Dropmember.
Stopped production.
No warning.
Nate has also stepped up to help those guys out,... now that they have no where to get parts or tech support.

This thread has gone off the original topic of "bump steer issues",... that many Dropmember owners and builders replied to.
I see this thread closed,... very soon.

Glad your Dropmember sold quickly.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
Rochlow

Since my "bending over backwards" comments has been referred to twice in this thread, all I'm going to say is Nate has done so for me. I won't go into details as I don't know if the same offers were extended to others, But Nate has done good by me.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #53
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmo View Post
Interesting. Well I guess there is no point talking about bump steer or gossip there of. Lol. You were right Rusbuilt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Being that it started out as a bump steer issue and moved straight into this mess leads one to question the integrity of this man's motives. He stated that this is not "threading" PB but it sure seems that way. Why beat around the bush Bruce? If the bump steer wasn't the real issue and you were gonna sell the dropmember anyway... This should have been handled differently on your part! I hate that you had/have these issues but I back Nate and all the ppl that have had nothing but positive things to say!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #54
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Being that it started out as a bump steer issue and moved straight into this mess leads one to question the integrity of this man's motives. He stated that this is not "threading" PB but it sure seems that way. Why beat around the bush Bruce? If the bump steer wasn't the real issue and you were gonna sell the dropmember anyway... This should have been handled differently on your part! I hate that you had/have these issues but I back Nate and all the ppl that have had nothing but positive things to say!
It's funny that now it's my fault that Nate sent me an unusable front end and sent me raw materials to fix it. I guess he thought that they "machined" themselves and "fused" themselves together At the end of the day He lost a sale of a complete front end to one of his customers by Him buying mine. He is getting a good part cuz it was "professionally" repaired. I'm happy cuz I'm getting a front end that I won't have to pay another to fix. So everybody should be happy now
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #55
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
You should have bought the Thorbecke Bros. front end.
They went out of the "C10 raised crossmember business" about a year after they copied the Dropmember.
Stopped production.
No warning.
Nate has also stepped up to help those guys out,... now that they have no where to get parts or tech support.

This thread has gone off the original topic of "bump steer issues",... that many Dropmember owners and builders replied to.
I see this thread closed,... very soon.

Glad your Dropmember sold quickly.
I'm glad he is doing the right thing...wish he would have treated me the same way I agree the thread has ran it's course
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #56
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bruce View Post
I'm glad he is doing the right thing...wish he would have treated me the same way I agree the thread has ran it's course
This thread has digressed to a point that I don't feel it will serve a useful purpose to leave it open. bruce bruce certainly has the right to air his issues in a public forum, but I feel you approached this in a way that sent the many loyal customers of Porterbuilt in to a defensive mode.

I suggest that you contact Nate Porter directly and discuss this matter.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread