The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Rusbuilt

Re: Dropped crossmember truck handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bruce View Post
My experience wasn't positive from the begining but I won't go into it on here.
?? I'm not sure I understand if you've never driven your truck. Bad service?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #27
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
?? I'm not sure I understand if you've never driven your truck. Bad service?
Let's just say I hope you have better luck than me.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #28
Delmo

I'v seen this before, someone is dang near giving away front ends to round up business. You couldn't give me 5 of them. Good luck with the sale man.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #29
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmo View Post
I'v seen this before, someone is dang near giving away front ends to round up business. You couldn't give me 5 of them. Good luck with the sale man.
5 of what? Who's giving them away? I need a free one or 5
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #30
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce bruce View Post
Let's just say I hope you have better luck than me.
Something is off here... The original question was about bump steer and driving issues with a dropmember. But now it seems we've moved on to service and overall experience dealing with the business not the product. This is the very first negative thing I have ever read about Porterbuilt! If you read through this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485320 I can clearly see that Nate Porter will do whatever it takes to provide the best customer service!

Last edited by Rusbuilt; 01-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #31
Rochlow

I had little issues here and there with my Portbuilt parts. However, Nate has bent over backwards to help rectify any issue. Also, if you run into a install issue, you send the guy a text on at 7pm on a sunday and he gets back to you and works out the issue. Been building custom trucks for 20 years and no one has EVER given that level of customer service to me.

Nate has also worked with me on the finance end of things too. Covering shipping here, giving me a few dollars off there.

That being said, we are building custom trucks, so of course there are going to be variables given all the different wheel/tire combo along with motor/trans combo.

But, if someone is providing a cheaper product with the same level quality and customer service, I'd love to know who they are.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #32
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
I can clearly see that Nate Porter will do whatever it take to provide the best customer service!
Like I said, Hope you have a better experience than I did.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
PBFAB.COM

We have always done our best to provide quality service and product... it's what we do. The overwhelming majority have always been pleased with our efforts. Things don't always go 100% as planned, and when they don't we always go the extra mile to resolve or correct any concerns or issues.

Obviously Bruce doesn't feel that our best was sufficient for him. If he would like to explain exactly why he feels this way, then I will be happy to respond to it. If he doesn't feel inclined to do so, then we will leave it at that.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #34
bruce bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods View Post

Obviously Bruce doesn't feel that our best was sufficient for him. If he would like to explain exactly why he feels this way, then I will be happy to respond to it. If he doesn't feel inclined to do so, then we will leave it at that.

Nate
Let's start from the beginning. When I paid you in full you said 3 weeks. At 1 1/2 months you were dodging my calls and e-mails. When I asked for my money back you instantly called with excuses that involved Church and Cub Scouts. When I went to install the kit the upper control arm bushings were wrong. you sent me another set that were wrong. I asked for some stock to have my Guy make them right, which you did. I think that cost me about 80.00 in machine work. When I installed the engine, it wasn't even close. the back of the valve cover was hitting the firewall and the tail shaft of trans was 6.5 inches off center of chassis. You offered to send me the motor mount plates to have my fabricator remake the motor mounts properly. He was able to use some of the pieces and line up the motor at an expense of 500.00. The lower a-arms were supposed to be drilled for the bags that I already had and they weren't. Another 70.00 in labor. No offer to compensate me was ever made. Is this "bending over backwards" ? Today when I talked to your guy and asked for a "deal" on some hood hinges to remotely try to compensate me for my 650.00 cash outlay to repair your "f" ups, he said no. Your service is by far the worst I have ever encountered in my life. Keep up the "great service" my friend cuz I ain't "feelin' it".

Last edited by bruce bruce; 01-24-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #35
bruce bruce

Here's a pic of how far the motor mounts were off.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #36
bruce bruce

Another.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #37
bruce bruce

And another.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #38
Delmo

Correct me if I'm wrong Bruce because I have no idea about your truck but it looks like the holes would line up if the engine moved. No?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #39
bruce bruce

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong Bruce because I have no idea about your truck but it looks like the holes would line up if the engine moved. No?
Posted via Mobile Device
If the original motor mount holes were used , the motor valve cover hit the firewall and the trans tailshaft was 6.5 inches off center of the centerline of the chassis. the motor was lined up when the pics were taken by me.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #40
PBFAB.COM

Bruce-

Let's start back at the beginning when you placed your order... over 3 years ago.

1. You were disappointed with the build time. I wish we could build them faster too.

2. You received the incorrect length crush sleeves for the upper control arm bushings. You said you would take care of it. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

3. Your motor mounts were off. Not sure why yours were so much different than everybody elses, as they came out of the same fixture. But hey, no big deal, you asked me to send you a set unwelded and we did. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

4. You had to redrill two holes in the lower control arm so you could mount the bags that you were running. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

5. You called today, 3 years later, and expected us to give you a set of hood hinges for FREE to make up for all this "out of pocket expense" that we were never made aware of. We offered to throw the hinges in the package with the inner truss upgrade (that we don't charge for) and discount the shipping on the hood hinges. That wasn't what you wanted... you had quite the reaction with lots of colorful language and several threats of what you would do to my reputation. At that point the conversation ended.

Maybe I am crazy, but I don't feel that I handeled this situation poorly or in a manner that shows any type of "poor service". You obviously feel otherwise, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Good luck on the sale of the Dropmember, I am sure it will sell quickly.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #41
Delmo

Ok I'm just tryin to figure out what's up. It looks by bringing the engine ahead it would line up the holes and provide more clearance to the firewall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #42
bruce bruce

Quote:
Bruce-

Let's start back at the beginning when you placed your order... over 3 years ago.

1. You were disappointed with the build time. I wish we could build them faster too.

2. You received the incorrect length crush sleeves for the upper control arm bushings. You said you would take care of it. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

3. Your motor mounts were off. Not sure why yours were so much different than everybody elses, as they came out of the same fixture. But hey, no big deal, you asked me to send you a set unwelded and we did. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

4. You had to redrill two holes in the lower control arm so you could mount the bags that you were running. Never once did you get back to me making me aware of any out of pocket expense.

5. You called today, 3 years later, and expected us to give you a set of hood hinges for FREE to make up for all this "out of pocket expense" that we were never made aware of. We offered to throw the hinges in the package with the inner truss upgrade (that we don't charge for) and discount the shipping on the hood hinges. That wasn't what you wanted... you had quite the reaction with lots of colorful language and several threats of what you would do to my reputation. At that point the conversation ended.

Maybe I am crazy, but I don't feel that I handeled this situation poorly or in a manner that shows any type of "poor service". You obviously feel otherwise, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Good luck on the sale of the Dropmember, I am sure it will sell quickly.
Sorry friend but your guy didn't tell you what was really said. I asked for a "deal" on the hinges not "free"...get you story straight. I wasn't aware there was a "statute of limitations" on poor fabrication I told you about what it cost me to fix your mess back when it happened and you never once offered to make it right.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #43
bruce bruce

Quote:
Ok I'm just tryin to figure out what's up. It looks by bringing the engine ahead it would line up the holes and provide more clearance to the firewall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not even close. It was a total wreck.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #44
bruce bruce

Quote:
you had quite the reaction with lots of colorful language and several threats of what you would do to my reputation. At that point the conversation ended.

Threats? Saying that I was going to post the pics to see if the people on the thread agreed with you is a "threat". Maybe you should have got on the phone yourself and done some of that "bendin over backwards" customer service your so famous for
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #45
Delmo

Interesting. Well I guess there is no point talking about bump steer or gossip there of. Lol. You were right Rusbuilt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #46
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Wow this went off a cliff...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #47
bruce bruce

Quote:
Interesting. Well I guess there is no point talking about bump steer or gossip there of. Lol. You were right Rusbuilt.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you had the problems with him that I did, wouldn't you be concerned about handling problems when you heard it from reliable sources. Just cause these sources didn't post it on here doesn't mean it didn't happen. I can tell you that there are situations that exist in the world that won't be posted on this forum.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #48
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

i dont know why but i feel like i read this very thread a few years ago for some reason. hmmmmm
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #49
mason

Bruce Bruce if this is how you handle your biz biz good luck luck in life life....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #50
D.FENS

Well. That escalated quickly.

So basically you're upset or otherwise unhappy with the Porterbuilt's customer service and feel like things should have been handled better. Possibly.

But then, but then because PB won't give you some hood hinges to make you feel all better, you get this bonus idea about how you're going to "destroy" PB's reputation by posting "facts" about their product being poorly engineered and / or dangerous, that you heard from shadowy mysterious figures of authority in the truck building scene.

Bipolar much?
Closed Thread