The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
tablloyd

too low?

A couple of weeks ago, I got my ball joints and steering box replaced in my 70 stepside. When I took it to my mechanic to get it done, he notified me that he had just gotten a pair of almost new 2" drop springs for the front of my truck, bought and installed for only $75 since he was already going to be down there. I accepted eagerly, being that my front end was actually a little bit higher than my rear end, due to new tires. The next day, when i picked my truck up, he informed me that he had installed a new pair of a-arms because the springs would not work with my current ones; no extra charge. Fine by me. Well, the truck ended up lower than i had expected, and it took me about two weeks to decide its lower than i want it. I have heard about putting specific shims around the spring that raise it, but is that a cheap fix for a bigger problem? Also, i was considering just putting air bags in place of what i have. Does that involve replaces the shocks and springs? Sorry if i sound new, i've just never done any suspension before
tablloyd is offline   Reply With Quote