The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #51
67lowered

Re: Let me see some Rat Rod engines

67lowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #52
Hubscrub
Cruzin

I love that inline
Posted via Mobile Device

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #53
Rude Dude

Here are two Forums that you might be interested in, just don't mention Rat Rod on the hamb and do an introduction or they will be on you like flys on dooodoo !

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php

http://www.killbillet.com/
Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #54
Rudoo

Thanks! I'll remember that.
So why not to mention Rat Rod on hamb?
Rudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #55
Rude Dude

They now use the term Traditional Hot Rods, don't get it but they are a cool bunch of people on that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudoo View Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #56
Rudoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dude View Post
They now use the term Traditional Hot Rods, don't get it but they are a cool bunch of people on that site.
Ok, thanks!
Rudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #57
_Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudoo View Post
HAMB=Hundreds Of Men B*tching

i go over there occasionally, lots of good info, but some of those guys can be quite whiny

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #58
doaner70

The guys that hate rats and ***** about them are usaly the guys that have there $50,000 fiberglass crap cars. Are there other $50,000 rides they never touched and just bought or had some shop build. Love them or hate them they are still cars and alot of them are built by guys that have a crap load more talent then most. The best thing about it is go to a big car shows and most of the people are gathered around the rats that dont look like ever other car there with way less money in them. JMO
doaner70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #59
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner70 View Post
The guys that hate rats and ***** about them are usaly the guys that have there $50,000 fiberglass crap cars. Are there other $50,000 rides they never touched and just bought or had some shop build. Love them or hate them they are still cars and alot of them are built by guys that have a crap load more talent then most. The best thing about it is go to a big car shows and most of the people are gathered around the rats that dont look like ever other car there with way less money in them. JMO
Really? I guess that i don't have enough talent to weld a death trap together then.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #60
mr48chev

The problem is that someone with little skills sees a car like the one from Yakima that G&R's57GMC posted in post six that is actually a fairly well built car hiding under a bunch of scrap metal that has been driven all over the western United states and gets driven daily and they think that they can throw a bunch of used farm equipment parts together with their two days of welding experience and drive the thing down the road. Luckily most of the messes you see in the coverage of different shows aren't licensed or driven on the street. They are the anti "pro fairgrounds" $100,000.00 alcohol burning blown Willys that thumps and rattles around the grounds of almost every Goodguys show so we will be impressed that the gold chain wearing owner can spend 30.00 on fuel to rump around the fairgrounds every two hours on schedule.

Here is a link to a thread on the HAMB that is about a car that pretty well shows why many of us take a dim view of rat rods and the people who build them.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=701156
The car was supposedly built by a "pro" shop in Phoenix over a two year period for a fairly large sum of money. The owner almost stacked it up the second night he had it and took it to Steve at Industrial Chassis to straighten it out. Almost everything that the "original builder" scabbed on the car has been removed and regulated to the scrap bin. When it's finished the car will still have a crusty look to it but will have a serious chassis under it that can be driven anywhere in safety.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #61
mud.man.rj

All I know is I love Horse power, big cams and that someone actually has talent to fabricate and build his/her own car or truck, I have a hard time with people that get someone else to do all their work and pretend they built it. but it does tkae all kinds in a hobby an I respect anything, even jap stuff that is properly built, a great idea is nice to see, I have had pretty much all different types of cars trucks, bikes, hotrods all interesting and fun, it is enjoying what you have that matters.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #62
mknittle

"farm equipment parts together with their two days of welding experience and drive the thing down the road."

That is all I see around here! When this attracts the wrong attention we all will suffer!!!!!

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #63
Rude Dude

I agree I went to Gene Winfields get together last year and I seen some Rat Rod's that these young guns built at home they look like they had been built by Gene or Chip Foose. Anybody can buy an S10 frame fab four cab mounts and call it a custom truck. But when scratch fab a frame using a chopped 29 chevy four door with an 40 olds flathead six using Datsun 280 Z carbs home built manifold matted to a 5 speed, that is talent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
All I know is I love Horse power, big cams and that someone actually has talent to fabricate and build his/her own car or truck, I have a hard time with people that get someone else to do all their work and pretend they built it. but it does tkae all kinds in a hobby an I respect anything, even jap stuff that is properly built, a great idea is nice to see, I have had pretty much all different types of cars trucks, bikes, hotrods all interesting and fun, it is enjoying what you have that matters.