The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2002, 01:02 AM   #1
Patch

Question Vaccum hose

I have a question....has anyone made a simplified schematic of the vaccum hose routing for an air conditioned truck? My 72 Blazer has A/C and I need to re-do all of the small vac lines that go from the heater control to every where else. I have the factory assembly manual, but it gets kinda hard to follow. Some of my vac lines are already missing, so It's been a pain to figure it out.
Thanks.....let me know.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #2
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

A couple things to remember. When the controls are all the way to the left the air needs to recirculate( middle under where it says "inside" and the bottom on cold). So this means that the passenger side vacuum operated kick panel door needs to be open and the fresh air valve ( under the cowl on the passenger side)needs to be close. When the middle lever is under the "outside" the passenger kick panel door needs to be closed and the fresh air valve (under the cowl on the passenger side) needs to be open.
When you move the lever all the way to the right on "HOT" the heater valve should be open( the vacuum valve that should be on your intake). The fresh air valve and the kick panel vent have to use the same vacuum line. You will have to get a small vacuum "T" to make it one line putting the kick panel vent vacuum motor on one end of the "T", the fresh air valve one one end and enough hose to reach the back of the controller. Then leave it until you find out which port is which on the back of the controller. Then get some vacuum hose and find a vaccum port on your carb. Run that hose to the vaccum ball mounted on the A/C box(under the hood mounted directly the box). Get another peice of hose and connect it to the other port on the vaccum ball. Run this line in to the cab to the back of your controls. This is your main vacuum line. You will need to find out which of the three ports on the back of the controller is the master in. Now run a hose from your heater valve to the back of the controller. This hose will operate the heater valve when the control lever is on "HOT".
You will need to move the hoses around on the ports to figure out which one is main, heat and recurculate.
I hope this helps you out.

Ben
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 10:49 AM   #3
tom hand
CCRider

Here's a pic
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
RodC

Check out the section in my Chassis manual scans. They are on webshots. Address in sig.