The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2002, 12:44 PM   #1
bigcarguy
Finally a Bulldawg

To all those who are blown or have been blown in the past:

hehe...blown. Couldn't resist.
For all you guys who've supercharged your trucks, how do they do as daily drivers? I decided to go with just a primer paint job and to dump my paint money on a supercharger cause hey, no one supercharges a 307 right? Would you suggest a centrifugal type or roots type supercharger? I'm not just gonna drop it on a stock 307. I have a junk 305 in an old Camaro that I'm gonna pull the heads off of and have them ported and polished. I just thought it'd be cool to put some pressure on my little engine.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
GMCPaul

Stay away from the 305 heads as they are low CC heads that bump up your compression and you will have problems with detonation. I've only used roots type blowers and they were on basicly daily drivers and had no problems though both motors that had these were built for blowers with dished pistons and forged cranks & pistons. Definately get a cam designed for use with your blower, compresion ratio, and the amount of underdrive used on blower.
I have heard alot of good on the centrifugal blowers and most are dial adjustable on boost compared to the roots system requiring changes in drive pulley sizes to change boost levels.
Talk to B&M, Paxton, etc.... tech departments and tell them what you have and what your looking to do and they will give you a wealth of info.
GMCPa
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote