The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

WIW - '72 Burb

A fellow truck guy is trying to sell his surburban and I told him I'd help out if I could. I know nothing about surburbans so I'm asking the experts to give their opinions about this one. If anyone is interested I can give you the guy's contact info. According to the owner it runs and drives fine.

Once again I know nothing about this one other than what I saw when I took the pictures, so I'll try to answer any questions that I can.

Last edited by sdailey; 04-27-2008 at 04:48 AM.
sdailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: WIW - '72 Burb

Last edited by sdailey; 04-27-2008 at 04:47 AM.
sdailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Hart_Rod

It's got a lot of nice options (BB, tilt, am/fm, 3 seats) and it's a 1/2 ton. Now for the questions that need to be answered before a good price estimate can be determined:

1) How bad is the rust? Is it all external or do body mounts and floorboards have to be replaced?
2) Does it run and drive? Looks like the motor may have been rebuilt. How long ago? How about the transmission?
3) Does the a/c work?
4) Are the brakes good?
5) Is the glass good?
6) ................

I know this doesn't help a lot, but without knowing the answers, it's hard to come up with a price.

Just for example, I've got a 70 Big Block Burb (link in my sig) with only 102K miles, that has minimal rust and runs and drives well. It doesn't have all the options yours does, but looks like the body is in better shape. I've had it listed for $4250 for a couple of months. Several bites but no takers, . It's in NM, so that might be part of my problem. Just trying to give you some info to help you figure it out .

PS Is the owners name Jerry? If so I think I know him.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 04-27-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
It's got a lot of nice options (BB, tilt, am/fm, 3 seats) and it's a 1/2 ton. Now for the questions that need to be answered before a good price estimate can be determined:

1) How bad is the rust? Is it all external or do body mounts and floorboards have to be replaced?Looks to be all external
2) Does it run and drive? Yes Looks like the motor may have been rebuilt. How long ago? Not Sure How about the transmission? Not Sure
3) Does the a/c work? Yes
4) Are the brakes good? Yes
5) Is the glass good? Yes
6) ................

I know this doesn't help a lot, but without knowing the answers, it's hard to come up with a price.

Just for example, I've got a 70 Big Block Burb (link in my sig) with only 102K miles, that has minimal rust and runs and drives well. It doesn't have all the options yours does, but looks like the body is in better shape. I've had it listed for $4250 for a couple of months. Several bites but no takers, . It's in NM, so that might be part of my problem. Just trying to give you some info to help you figure it out .

PS Is the owners name Jerry? Yes If so I think I know him.
That's about all I know about it. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Mint68

Those are some nice options, too bad the body is rough; it could have made a cool tahoe.
Mint68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
70rs/ss

Rough guess and I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but $2k ish, worth more in parts maybe. I sold a 72 zero rust, ac, highlander, etc, etc no tilt and a 350 for $2k and it took me 2-3 months and I had to drop the price repeatedly.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote