The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
cajundragger

gauging interest

I was talking with one of my electrical/computer engineering buddies tonight about making a gas light that runs on the 0-90 gm sender. What Im going to be making for my truck is a circuit that controls a 3 color LED light which would be off until the tank reaches half a tank. At half a tank the LED would go green until say a quarter of a tank. At a quarter it would go yellow, and at an eighth it would go red. Something like that. This would be used in place of a fuel gauge since these old trucks really don't have much gauge space.

What Im wondering is since I have to have at least one circuit board printed for me, I might as well see if anyone else is interested and I can just make a bunch.

to the mods, this isn't a forsale thread or anything of the like, I just want to gauge interest to see if this is a project worth doing.

Thanks
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Bob@ProAuto

Re: gauging interest

This may be way off, but waste holding tanks in campers and RV's have sensors that tell you if their full, 1/2 way of empty. They typically use 3 lights and I don't know how the sensors would hold up to gasoline compared to waste water. Just a thought for you.
Bob@ProAuto is offline   Reply With Quote