The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
tinythemule

Question Where do I begin?

I just bought a 79 short wide Silverado. The engine, a 350, was rebuilt locally about 3 years ago. Six months after the rebuild, the truck was parked in a back yard until I bought it. Mechanically it seems fine. It has the typical Chevy rust in certain spots and underneath and the worn out interior. How do I og about rehabbing a truck like this and maybe even tricking it out a little. What resources are there? The internet has just borught me mostly to personal web pages of people showing off their trucks or parts distributors wanting to sell you stuff that is so large it has to be shipped by freight. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
tinythemule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #2
PHOENIX

How about exhuast system, electric fans, sterio system, new gauges, lower it/air bag it, new grill.

A few good catalogs to have
Jegs www.jegs.com
Summit Racing www.summitracing.com
LMC Truck www.lmctruck.com
Chevy Duty www.chevyduty.com

Those are the catalogs I use the most, or atleast sitting here next to me. Alot of the guys on this forum and the other (www.chevytalk.com) have some great web sites with all kinds of information. If your looking to do something with your truck, just post it and someone will have something to say, maybe even pictures.