The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
GMC"ER

Question got moved? Why?

Hello to ever moved my post I am new to the board and I had asked questions about suspension here before and was always answered quickly. I am new and and don't know a lot about these trucks so I thought that I was in the right spot for answers? I guess not. I found my answer from one of the vendors that support this board so I guess that is what they are there for. I just could not figure out why my post was moved to somewhere else? So I guess in the future I will have to double check before I post, I guess there is no learning curve for the newbies. Robert
GMC"ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
dmwphoto

Re: Question got moved? Why?

Robert,
A board this big can get real messy without guidelines to keep some order. Volunteers spent many hours establishing a best way to manage and share this information in a civil and friendly environment. I hope you will understand. There are tons of great folks here that are willing to help and interact. Check out the rules and FAQs to see where your question should have been and if you are not sure, please ask.

I am just a member like you and have no role with the team that manages this place. I find my time here well spent and hope you will too.

Dave
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

The board has several areas to help break down the questions and threads better instead of it all going in a general truck area. You had a suspension question, it got moved to suspension area for better chance of getting the answers you needed. How cool is that?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
fixit-p

GMC"ER, don't sweat it, if a mod moved your question it's because they felt it belonged in one of the general forums. they are called general but i think of them more as being specialized sections, the response you get there can be more technical and less guessing or mine did this type of responses and it may stay on the front page. its all part of the learning curve.

Quote:
Originally posted by:Abraham Lincoln "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine."
fixit-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
GMC"ER

Don't get me wrong I am not mad or anything like that. I was just wandering why it got moved as past suspension questions had not. And I do understand that there are moderators that keep up with the board and adjust questions as each one sees fit. I just could not understand why past questions had not been moved and this particular post was moved. I thought that I was in the best place to have my question answered in the "general" section as this seems to be the most viewed section, well that I view. I was just trying to find out about a shock question that I thought that was a general question. I also looked at the post in the suspension section with no replies except for the one that I got in the "general truck section" a few minutes after I had posted the question last night, I guess from now on I will just try and research my question better before I post another. Thanks Robert
GMC"ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

GMC"ER , Your post was moved because the Suspension area deals with lowered trucks a lot . The intended purpose was to place your question in the proper spot and get you an answer quicker .

Thank You dmwphoto , CG and fixit-p for helping to explain that moving a thread is meant to help .

GMC"ER , If you have any questions please feel free to private message any of the staff members for an answer .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote