The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
ya it is a classic

scrap yards.......

so i was in my 72 gmc yesterday haulin a load of batteries and a little bit of scrap to the scrap yard. anyways my pickups got lots of dents in it and no paint(one day.....) anyways i was waitin to pull into the shop to unload my batteries and i look behind me and see a nice 72 chevy pull up onto the scale. i looked at it from my pickup and saw that the paint was worn down and there was light surface rust. but no dents! so anyways i pull into the shop and get rid of some stuff then pull onto the scale to get rid of my scrap. i see the pickup parked in the middle of the yard and they guy that was driving it was talking to the crane operator. i drove by it and thought "wish i had that pickup, theres not a dent on it and no rust that i can see" anyways i drop my scrap off and go back to the shop to get some money and a guy pulls up to me and says they just pulled that 72 in and you might be able to get some parts for your pickup. i said "no they drove it" and he said well go ask. so i went and asked the boss and he wouldnt let me buy parts, buy the truck, trade parts, or even let me slip him a $20 and he would look the other way! i was sooo mad bout that! if only i had seen the tow rope i would have another pickup sittin in the yard.....and just to think this happens every day. i really wish that guy that brought that pickup in had went over to me and offered to sell it to me. im sure everyones had a situation like that. any good ones out there?
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
BMERDOC

Re: scrap yards.......

Idiots, good American iron going into Chinese war ships
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
JimmyFloyd

Gotta be proactive in these deals, especially at the yards. Your load isn't going anywhere and neither is the scrap yard, but that pickup is if you don't intercept it before the deal is done.

Just be warned, most places don't like you doing it, but you just tell the guy that he should change his mind and meet you down the street to hammer out the deal.

The yard owner probably wanted the truck for himself.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

or it could be that the other guy thought yours was getting sold as well. ya never know
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
rustyrodknocker

I tried to buy the bed off a 72. Out in the street I even offered to put my bed on his truck. No deal. They want to unload. And get another.
Posted via Mobile Device
rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
sjarrett71

He might have stolen it and was selling for quick cash.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
ya it is a classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFloyd View Post
Gotta be proactive in these deals, especially at the yards. Your load isn't going anywhere and neither is the scrap yard, but that pickup is if you don't intercept it before the deal is done.

Just be warned, most places don't like you doing it, but you just tell the guy that he should change his mind and meet you down the street to hammer out the deal.

The yard owner probably wanted the truck for himself.
ya well the thing is i just looked out my back window and saw a guy drive it up onto the scale. i didnt see the truck that was towing it or the tow rope and i know the yard owner pretty good. ive hauled in over 250 batteries in teh last 3 months so i see him alot haha. so if i could have bought the pickup he would have let me. but i heard scrap yards are getting $1000 per ton so that pickup would have cost me like $2000 if what i heard is true. oh well, i have to get rid of 2 pickups and 3 fourwheelers just so i can get another pickup so my parents would have killed me if i drug that home haha
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote