The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Texasupton1

Why we buy Craftsman tools...

While at my Dads in East Texas over Christmas, he took me out to his work shop and started trying to give me some of his tools. With my 83 project truck and him getting a little older, I guess he figured I would use them more than him. While looking though things, I came across a like new Craftsman ratcheting wrench with a broken mechanism. He was going to toss it out, but I told him I would take it back and see if I could get a new one since they have a lifetime guarantee. I have not done this in years and was wondering what kind of a pain it would be. So when I got back to DFW, I took it to Sears. It was not a normal wrench, as it had no sizes on it, just 0-1-2 one one end and 3-4-5 on the other. The sales person said it was part of a kit, that came with a driver, and used sockets. He said they did not have any, but would call Craftsman to see what they said. He did, and they told him it was discountinued, but was worth about $20. He hung up the phone and told me to go pick out whatever I wanted, I had a $20 credit. WOW. I went over and got 2, offset SAE ratcheting wrenches that were about $10 each. He put them in a bag for me with a receipt and told me to have a nice day. No paper work, no hasle, no proof of purchase, no B.S., just good, old fashion "stand behind your product" service. I asked him about my screwdrivers that had chewed up blades and tips and he said as long as they are not bent or rusted, bring them in for a trade out. THIS, is why we buy Made in the USA quality like Craftsman.
Texasupton1 is offline   Reply With Quote