The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Spruckalufagus

Ol' Rickity 1982 GMC Step side

purchased this over the summer as well as a c10 a couple months later.

1982 Gmc k15 high sierra, 35in tires, 4 inch suspension lift, 4 speed

This is my first project build ever. Paid 1400 which was deffinitly way to much... lets just say good thing i work in a body shop.

This is what happens when your 18 and stupid. lol

TRASH

Well this is gonna be fun...

donor door

pwr windor and locks

From this picture on out is before i dismantled everything... and when i say everything i mean everything

I miss when it used to look like a truck

messed up the rocker, have to redo that

OFF TO THE BODY SHOP!

Latest Update:

Possibly picking up dana 60 and 70 axles this weekend.
Cab is too muffed up for my liking, buying a better shape one this sunday, repairing the old one off the truck, primering it and selling it.

Engine:
Most likley going to building it into a 383 stroker, but i would love to get my hands on a cummins 4cylinder turbo diesel. Cummins 4bt, bought a part for my tranny off a guy building one in his 86 k10 and ive been drooling over it ever since.

140-170 HP and 420 ft-pds of tourque that gets 28mpg sounds like my type of engine. Now its time to find a frito lay truck from the late 70's through 80's, chevy step vans p30, gmc p3500 and some ford cude vans came with them. Found some one craigslist but people want too much, and im not buying a woodchipper or case 580 backhoe to take the engine out of that for 14k.
Spruckalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Greenlee

Re: Ol' Rickity 1982 GMC Step side

Nice build! I like the 4x4 stepsides. I'm building a red one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Spruckalufagus

Thanks, theres just something about those stepsides that get me lol. Hopefully yours is in better condition than mine. You have an pics?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Greenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruckalufagus View Post
Thanks, theres just something about those stepsides that get me lol. Hopefully yours is in better condition than mine. You have an pics?
Check out my build thread on here for pics. It's called 87' 4x4. I haven't posted anything new in a few months. I have been working on the wiring and haven't had anything excitng lately to post pictures of.
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
THE "10" SILVERADO

Finally another under 20 here! Love that truck. I was thinking of getting a K10 before I got my C10 but the C10 I found was a lot cleaner so I went with it. Might seem like there is a lot of work to do but when it's done it will look awesome I bet.

How is that window visor mounted on your passenger door? I have been thinking about getting a set for my truck but I don't know if I want to mess with the pain of mounting them if they require much work.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
Spruckalufagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Finally another under 20 here! Love that truck. I was thinking of getting a K10 before I got my C10 but the C10 I found was a lot cleaner so I went with it. Might seem like there is a lot of work to do but when it's done it will look awesome I bet.

How is that window visor mounted on your passenger door? I have been thinking about getting a set for my truck but I don't know if I want to mess with the pain of mounting them if they require much work.
haha i feel like it's even worse having a squarebody obsession at this age, no money and a desire to drive the friggen thing.

as for the visor its a couple of screw that just screw into the metal of the door, they also have plastic ones that are black/clear that just slide right into place
Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Spruckalufagus

Small Update:

Picked up a new cab and front clip today. interior and everything but the interior parts are kinda shot