The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
naynay

Yes i searched. Yes i need a manual.

But for the time being can anyone point me in the right direction for a front end rebuild? I am putting a '91 suburban crossmember in a '63 c10.

a little background..

the cross member is in. Control arms are cupped, and bags are installed, but no plumbing has been done. i do still need to redrill the two upper holes but the thing is lined up. I have a baby due in 13 weeks so i am just wanting to get the truck back on 4 wheels for the next few months, mainly so my driveway will stop looking like monster 'garage'. It has new 2.5" drop sindles hung as of today, and i am looking at my old rotor assembly, contemplating putting it all back on because supposedly it was "all new". everything seems legit and nothing is corroded more than surface rust from sitting outside in the elements.

So when i took the front end apart for the spindles i just whacked the ball joints and removed the tierods/steering, and removed that whole assembly.. now, what else do i need to get from o'reilley's to either rebuild the whole thing ASAP, or what bolts besides the caliper bolts need to be removed to get my 1.25" caliper and studs on the new spindle. i know the names of all the parts but pics is how i learn best if anyone has any.

tia,

Rodney

(p.s.) i do think i already know the answer.. its the middle bolt, but i want to see pics how it goes together and what tools are needed to get it all apart)
naynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Yes i searched. Yes i need a manual.

Do you have pictures of exactly what you are talking about?
Stud?
Posted via Mobile Device

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote