The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
toocrazy

Where to buy Rocker panels & fenders 1966 Burb?

They say there is no such thing as a stupid question Where would you guys suggest buying rockers and new fenders for my 66 Burb? Are they the same as the pickup?
toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
70cst

Re: Where to buy Rocker panels & fenders 1966 Burb?

Here is a bump for you.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Radohound

The fenders are the same as the pickups based on year (60-63) (64-66), and the same is true for the rockers from my understanding. If you are talking about the rear wheel openings, technically they are not currently made but can be "manufactured" from fleetside bed sides. see attached link

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...an+rear+fender

From all the threads I have read on here most of the aftermarket fenders require modification due to misfit issues or just plain too short. Most suggest to find good used fenders or refurbish some old fenders with patchs. I know there are a couple other threads talking about the 3-4 different fender manufaturers but I can't seem to find right know. Hopefully someone esle will chime in....hope that helps.

Last edited by Radohound; 04-30-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added year ranges for better explination
Radohound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I picked up NOS factory rockers on Ebay back in 2004 and they were about a 50% premium over new replacements at the time. I bought new replacement fenders from Golden State Pickup Parts back in 1998 when they first came on the market. The front seam was mangled and had to be filled, but overall they fit reasonably well. In reading numerous threads on the topic, I tend to believe the reproduction front fenders currently available are even worse than the ones I bought. At least mine weren't too short.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radohound View Post
The fenders are the same as the pickups based on year (60-63) (64-66), and the same is true for the rockers from my understanding. If you are talking about the rear wheel openings, technically they are not currently made but can be "manufactured" from fleetside bed sides. see attached link

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...an+rear+fender

From all the threads I have read on here most of the aftermarket fenders require modification due to misfit issues or just plain too short. Most suggest to find good used fenders or refurbish some old fenders with patchs. I know there are a couple other threads talking about the 3-4 different fender manufaturers but I can't seem to find right know. Hopefully someone esle will chime in....hope that helps.
thank you. My front fenders are pretty good actually. They just need a patch on the lower rear part of the fender. I see patch panels for this section so this must be typical. Great information because I called Goodmark and they weren't sure whether the rockers were longer on a suburban or not.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The rockers on a Suburban/Panel are the same as for a pickup. On the Suburban/Panels, the drivers side inner rocker and outer floor are the same as a pickup, but the passenger side is a little different.

If at all possible keep your original body parts and just use the patch panels that are available to repair them.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The rockers on a Suburban/Panel are the same as for a pickup. On the Suburban/Panels, the drivers side inner rocker and outer floor are the same as a pickup, but the passenger side is a little different.

If at all possible keep your original body parts and just use the patch panels that are available to repair them.
thank you captain fab, we took your advice!!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
biohazardbill

If you end up using rear fleetside panels to fix the rears, measure your opening. Long bed flettsides and short bed fleetsides wheel wells are different sizes.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote