The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Dustytrix

Where to terminate ls harness to existing harness.

I have finally started my 5.3 conversion into a 92 silverado. I have some info that I wanted to check. I am using 04 fuse box and computer.
C1-B11 Red is hot from battery and hooks to ignition switch. But where at?
C1 A9 Pink hooks to the pink wire that was hooked to the coil, powered by ignition switch.
C3- F1 Gray wire will will have 12v switched power and go straight to my fuel pump and hook to a gray wire feeding fuel pump
Dustytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Where to terminate ls harness to existing harness.

Without knowing what year harness you have, it's hard to know what we're dealing with. What does C1-B11 feed? I would try to use a similar wire from your truck to what the circuit is intended for. Not sure on the other circuits either, but grey sounds correct to the pump- just make sure it is the post relay feed- the switched line from the PCM will not have enough volts/amps to run the pump.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Dustytrix

Its an 04 harness, I think the c1 b11 will need to be my new feed for the ignition switch. The info I got states 12v batt+ ignition switch, so I am kinda reading in between the lines here that c1 b11 wire will feed my switch and then return power from switch will go to c11 a9. Thanks gringo I will hook fuel pump wire before the relay I didn't know that.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Dustytrix

Ok guys I am one wire away from startup. The wire that has me puzzled is supposed to feed 12v+ to the ignition switch. Where has everyone been tyeing this wire in at? Do I need to pull the steering wheel and read voltage there to decide which wire it is? I pulled the connector for the steering harness and have 2 wires at the connector the has 12v+ all the time but I don't know which one goes to the switch.