The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
tmc1986

disc brake conversion

ordered a disc brake conversion kit for the front of my 67. i have never done one before. the kit includes spindles, brackets, rotors, pads and lines. my question is: will i have to replace anything else? will my drum brakes master cylinder work? will i have to put a booster on it?

the kit is a few weeks out. i just want to get everything together so when the kit comes i can have everything. i tried to search but like all of my searches in the forums i get conflicting info. thanks in advance for any info.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
SS Tim

Re: disc brake conversion

Those are questions I would have wanted to know the answer to before ordering a "kit". Isn't the seller as capable of answering your questions as taking your money?

A few weeks out..really when do they charge your card. Now or date of shippment?

For what it is worth a drum/drum master needs to be repaced with a disc/drum master and the drum/drum distribution block needs to be replaced with a prop valve. This reduces pressure to the rear brakes and keeps them from locking early. All but the lighest of factory C/10 required a booster and I would strongly recommend a booster due to the higher pressure disc brakes require.

Might just want to look at factory disc brake parts options you can buy locally tomorrow.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...68&postcount=4
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
BCOWANWHEELS

why not just put a 71&72 complete disc brake front crossmember setup under it. there not hard to find and alot cheaper
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
tmc1986

thanks everybody for the info. i got it all straightened out. if youve never done business with early classic enterprises i highly recommend them. on top of that their customer service is really good. i had a drop kit for the rear on order from them and then the conversion kit and drop kit for the front coming from brothers. brothers really wasnt much help, so i cancelled the order from brothers and bought everything from early classic. now i got everything i need coming all at once including master cylinder and booster, so i'm set. thanks again.