The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Jack Guzman

Parts interchange

I want to find used 16" 6 lug rims for my 51 3100 to replace the split rims that came with it.I picked some up at a junk yard but they are heavily rusted and bent . I need to know what year rims will fit my truck. I tried a google search and got a big runaround.
Is there a source to check parts interchangeability or in lieu of that can someone tell what rims will fit my truck?---thanks---Jack
Jack Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Parts interchange

A lot of wrecking yards have Hollanders interchange books that have listings like that. One of the older ones that has been there for a lot of years may have an older one that shows the info you want.

If you aren't bent on running stock 51 Hubcaps you can probably find later model 16 inchwheels that take the hubcaps that pop over the nubbies on the center with a little hunting. By later model I mean 55 through about 1970 as some of them could still be ordered with 16 inch wheels.

The other way is to collect stock 16 inch wheels one or two at a time as there are still plenty of good ones around. I have one on one end of the rear axle for my roadster and the they can be found one at a time pretty easily.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote