The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
keh27

under seat speakers?

I'm getting ready to install radio. I'm going with a original radio that has been upgraded by R and B vintage radio . I have a upgraded under dash speaker but looking for a way to add speakers maybe under seat. I have factory buckets but not sure what to do I really don't want the kick panel speakers because I like the look of the paint there. Any ideas and pics? Hers a link of the radio https://www.facebook.com/16519260367...type=1&theater Pretty cool
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
BrianG

Re: under seat speakers?

Subscribing to your thread because I've been researching the same thing for over an hour. I don't need audiophile quality sound, I just want it to sound decent, don't want to cut anything up or install kick panels. I have a good set of 4" speakers that I am thinking about building some sort of enclose for and putting them under the seat facing forward. Maybe at slight angles if that will help the sound. I've considered using some PVC pipe that I have laying around as the enclosure base and just capping the other end off. I've seen that done for boats, atvs etc. I'm sure I'll loose some sound quality, but hoping that it will balance out the dash speaker. OH, I'm also installing a single 8" Alpine under seat sub for bass. Anyhow, It'll be nice to see if anyone has any other suggestions or tips.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
leftybass209

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm sure I'll loose some sound quality, but hoping that it will balance out the dash speaker. OH, I'm also installing a single 8" Alpine under seat sub for bass. Anyhow, It'll be nice to see if anyone has any other suggestions or tips.
Are you using an aftermarket dash speaker, or the original (or with original ohm impedance)? I ask because your ohm rating with an original speaker or one with odd ohms would not be correct and cause issues.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
keh27

I was going to use this speaker, but just figured out it doesn't fit my a/c truck sooo options are open
http://sokyclassics.com/product.php?skcid=1000354
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
shanman310

I have this one in my Truck and it sounds great for what it is. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...7319825&awdv=c
shanman310 is offline   Reply With Quote