The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
toolbox66

Question driveshaft help

hi gang got a new rookie here, im thinking of buying a 66 c-10 that does not have a driveshaft ( and other parts) some body has done most the hard stuff , it has a 327 with a 400 turbo in it ,does somebody know what kind of driveshaft i could use for it
any help would be greatful thanxs tony

66 c10 most the body work is done frame off blasted and painted needs driveshaft , radiator , tranny not hooked up rebuilt motor not wired up i think it needs a new steering column do you think its worth 2000.00 thanxs for the guys
toolbox66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:20 AM   #2
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL TO ME.................I'D GO AND FIND A DRIVE SHAFT OUT OF A 64-66 TRUCK TO PUT BACK IN IT...........BE SURE TO GET NEW UNIVERSAL JOINTS AND A NEW CARRIER BEARING...................I HAVE A 65 AND THAT'S HOW I DID MINE............YOU HAVE QUITE A FEW CHOICES FOR A STEERING COLUMN.........DEPENDING HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND...........RADIATOR SHOULD BE EASY..........YOU CAN GET ONE NEW THAT BOLTS RIGHT IN...............GET THE 4 CORE THOUGH................FOR THE WIRING YOU CAN FIND A LOT OF PARTS SUPPLIERS THAT HAVE THE COMPLETE WIRING HARNESS FOR YOUR ENGINE...... BE SURE TO BUY A SHOP MANUAL AND 66 SUPPLIMENT.......THEY WOULD BE A BIG HELP TO YOU..........I'M IN INDIANA..........WHERE IN MI. ARE YOU...........HOPE THIS HELPS...............SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD START ON A COOL LOOKING TRUCK.................POST US SOME PICTURES IF YOU CAN.............................P.S. WELCOME FROM THE HOOSIER STATE..................HEMMIT
Demmit_Hemmit's 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
toolbox66

thanks for the help , i try that but i thought the truck came with a diff. tranny that why i was wondering what would fit thanks again im in flint , 1 hr. for detroit
Old 09-11-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

DOES THE TRANNY YOU HAVE HAVE THE SHORT TAIL SHAFT OR THE LONG ONE...................THE SHORT ONE WILL WORK FOR OUR YEAR OF TRUCKS.......................OTHERWISE YOU MAY HAVE TO CUT ONE TO FIT......................I'M ABOUT 4 HOURS FROM YOU.....................LATER...........HEMMIT
Demmit_Hemmit's 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #5
toolbox66

thanks for the help hemmit i would have to look again i think it was a long thanks again tony