The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Perfect example why people need this board

Unmolested? How do guys make these representations and get away with it.

Seems like a nice truck and overpriced in my opinion but certainly not UNMOLESTED!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Chevrol...25.m3641.l6368
Old 12-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
greedy geezer

Location: Stoughton MA where everyhing on the road gets rusted out from winter and rock salt
Re: Perfect example why people need this board

These trucks are wicked pricey in New England because everything rots out so fast up here , I gave up looking up here and then found a great truck from Colorado but I did finally get the truck I wanted
gg
Old 12-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
68 CRACKERBOX

I agree it is way over priced (about 20,000 over) it's nice but nothing special about it. no a/c, short bed ,wrong wheels, and if paid 8000 for that paint job they got took.the bad thing is some nut case will come along and buy it.

72 gmc 2500 longhorn
68 chevy c-30 50th anniv. 9ft step side
68 gmc crackerbox 8v71 detroit
72 gmc astro95 8v71 detroit
Old 12-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #4
davepl

I kept stepping through the pictures, thinking "Nice truck" and "What is gkhashem complaining" about. Then the engine picture came up fullscreen on my 34" monitor and I about fell out of my chair.

Nice truck though. Not unmolested, but anyone who looked through the photos would learn that.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
gkhashem
Account Suspended

It is a decent truck. My point was he is saying unmolested.

Where should be start? Yes paint job, intake manifold, carb most likely changed too. Rattle canned under the hood and the frame. Seat covers wrong. After market radio. I was wondering if dash cut. Air cleaner and valve covers. And I bet more if I could see the truck in person.

Also guys how many blue trucks are two toned from factory black steering wheel and dash pad? I am up from learning too.

Also if painted I bet the rockers have been repair too. Maybe.

That said why not just say partially restored. Unmolested is misleading for people who do not know.

Whats wrong with being honest.

That's why I said people need a board like this so they are not fooled. Any seller who claims unmolested is not be trusted sorry but the facts are the facts.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Lets keep going firewall painted black.Blue spark plug wires.

Spark plug wires routed incorrectly they should go under neath below heat gaurds.

Anymore issues.

This is from a guy who just really started looking for these trucks in June.

I think I am doing OK.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #7
gkhashem
Account Suspended

wrong radiator cap. Dual exhausts. Now are these replacement wheels?

I am not sure but again not UNMOLESTED...

Nothing said about not nice. Definitely overpriced for me but someone else might not think so.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
YBNORML

How would you feel if someone picked the living crap out of your truck? This site doesn't need threads like this.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
Old 12-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Again that's not the point It's a nice truck so it's OK to cheat people. The seller is representing something not true. I would not like to even see you taken advantage of.

Wow no wonder the world is like it is. Everyone just ignores things, maybe sometimes it's just not right to see someone taken advantage of?
Old 12-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #10
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
How would you feel if someone picked the living crap out of your truck? This site doesn't need threads like this.
I would feel worse if I tried to cheat some poor unsuspecting buyer who does not know these trucks.

So what side do you fall on? The board is great for pointing out and learning about our trucks.

Notice I did not say a not a nice truck, I am commenting on the representations made by the seller. When he comments as unmolested I take that as original and this truck is not. While mostly restored that way there are many errors in what has been done as I can see.

And I or anyone has the right to pick it apart when those representations are not correct. By the way are you a dealer? Not sure why you are being so sensitive.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #11
68bowtie

there's a HUGE difference between "unmolested" and "original survivor".

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
Old 12-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #12
tcrist

Depends on what the seller means by "Un-Molested". Could mean that it has never been cut on anywhere. Never been wrecked and never had a body/frame part replaced.

The sellers interpretation of "Un-Molested" could mean something different than others.

I personally would not call it "Un-Molested", but that is just me.

Reading the description of the truck in the whole add tells me that the "DEALER" is not hiding anything.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #13
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Depends on what the seller means by "Un-Molested". Could mean that it has never been cut on anywhere. Never been wrecked and never had a body/frame part replaced.

The sellers interpretation of "Un-Molested" could mean something different than others.

I personally would not call it "Un-Molested", but that is just me.

Reading the description of the truck in the whole add tells me that the "DEALER" is not hiding anything.
Good point Terry, not sure what unmolested may mean. I am with you it means nothing done to it but tires, belts, hoses... you know maintenance things.

Not hiding by showing the pictures I guess but he goes on to say unmolested and original. It really is a partially restored truck. Restored with some errors but that's ok.

Not sure why people think I am dissing the truck, I am not it's I hate to see this misrepresentation. I would not want that to happen to me so why is it OK to let happen to others.

Well I cannot fix the whole world here.

Well you did say "dealer" enough said I guess. Remember that old saying about where the horse traders all went.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #14
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
there's a HUGE difference between "unmolested" and "original survivor".
I thought they were similar. What's the difference if I can ask. I would like to know where I may be wrong.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #15
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Here is a web link on originality where the author uses the terms together.

http://www.tmichaelis.com/blog/15-re...r-original-car

This will get some restore guys upset but I agree with not restoring if possible and never restore a good original.

He equates it with vandalism and I have to agree in the case of a rust free intact original vehicle.

This is going to get some of you guys to go crazy. Sorry but originals are becoming rarer every day.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #16
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkhashem View Post
I would feel worse if I tried to cheat some poor unsuspecting buyer who does not know these trucks.

So what side do you fall on? The board is great for pointing out and learning about our trucks.

Notice I did not say a not a nice truck, I am commenting on the representations made by the seller. When he comments as unmolested I take that as original and this truck is not. While mostly restored that way there are many errors in what has been done as I can see.

And I or anyone has the right to pick it apart when those representations are not correct. By the way are you a dealer? Not sure why you are being so sensitive.
No I'm not a dealer, but I have been a member of this forum for quite awhile and followed it for several years before I joined. I have seen lots of members stop coming around because of "armchair experts", good members who brought a lot to the table.
There is a diference between questioning the validity of a sellers claim and basically calling him a liar and a thief. This seller could very easily be a member here. You have chosen to pick apart the truck, some of your points are valid and some are over the top.
Just by looking at the pictures you can tell that it is not a bone stock survivor truck. But it is a very nice example of fairly original truck with a few comfort upgrades. Just like 90% of the trucks out there.

68’ GMC shortbox

72' 2WD Blazer

67' LongBox C-10

InstaGram ybnorml67
Old 12-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #17
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
No I'm not a dealer, but I have been a member of this forum for quite awhile and followed it for several years before I joined. I have seen lots of members stop coming around because of "armchair experts", good members who brought a lot to the table.
There is a diference between questioning the validity of a sellers claim and basically calling him a liar and a thief. This seller could very easily be a member here. You have chosen to pick apart the truck, some of your points are valid and some are over the top.
Just by looking at the pictures you can tell that it is not a bone stock survivor truck. But it is a very nice example of fairly original truck with a few comfort upgrades. Just like 90% of the trucks out there.

It's your opinion I take a man for what he says. He is playing loose with words.

If someone wants to make false claims good for him.

Here's his quote if you read it.

This is an un-molested and original truck. Paint job alone cost 8k a few years back and is still in excellent condition. No orange peel, no stone chips, no blisters, no not or rust. Interior is mostly original and in excellent shape

Interior mostly original? The seat does not look it to me? How about the aftermarket radio? Maybe the dash is cut. Hey I think your response speaks for itself. Let's take advantage of the uniformed.

Again how about the black steering wheel with the black dash pad I would like to know if that was GM from the factory. I have never seen that. What about that maybe I can learn something from you?

I would like to know about that?
Old 12-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #18
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: Perfect example why people need this board

Unmolested means to me!

It has the right look for what ever year the vehicle is and no mordern drive train are interior.
Adding things such as a nice radio isn't molesting a thing. Even recovering the seat is a nice touch if you drive it. The guy has a very nice truck.

YBNORML agree 100% with you.
We all have our own taste but that doesn't mean we pick some one elses ride a part. This hobby is built on everyone liking these trucks, no matter what condition are shape they are in.

As for the seller how is he being dishonst? He is telling you and showing you the truck. He isn't hiding anything.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #19
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
So what's the difference in questioning and calling someone a liar?

Maybe if they smile while do it in a monotone voice? So what if he is a member?

I did not pick it apart I picked apart his representations and pointed out where his statements do not support his photos.

As far as original, a painted restored truck with its intake altered is not original sorry. You have no right to change the English language. Stop redefining words.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #20
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Unmolested means to me!

It has the right look for what ever year the vehicle is and no mordern drive train are interior.
Adding things such as a nice radio isn't molesting a thing. Even recovering the seat is a nice touch if you drive it. The guy has a very nice truck.

YBNORML agree 100% with you.
We all have our own taste but that doesn't mean we pick some one elses ride a part. This hobby is built on everyone liking these trucks, no matter what condition are shape they are in.

As for the seller how is he being dishonst? He is telling you and showing you the truck. He isn't hiding anything.

I am done and you may be happy but I guess it depends on what the meaning of is is!!

Bye enough for me you can call anything you want original. Good luck with that one.

Also some here should be ashamed of themselves for condoning "stretching" the truth. I guess if it's legal its moral. Says a lot for doing any business with some people.

If you say so everything is original as long as you say so. Fits right in with today's fantasy world. Just say so and it's so.

YOU are entitled to your opinions but not your own facts.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #21
Foot Stomper

Merry Christmas everyone!
I, myself am going to have another 4th? rum and eggnog and enjoy the forum.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Old 12-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #22
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Perfect example why people need this board

The buyer is suppose to know what he is looking at when he goes to buy something. If you want to buy something you research it and find out about it before you go. If you ask the right questions and know what you are looking at he can't lie to you.

Not every guy that sells these trucks know them like most of us do. It's just a vehicle that they have and need to sell! The are not experts on them even if they say they are!
I can't count all the times I have been told by experts that my truck is a 73 model! They just want to make the average Joe think they know what they have.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #23
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

They need to molest those side moldings some. Crooked as a politician.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 12-25-2015, 06:34 PM   #24
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkhashem View Post
It's your opinion I take a man for what he says. He is playing loose with words.

If someone wants to make false claims good for him.

Here's his quote if you read it.

This is an un-molested and original truck. Paint job alone cost 8k a few years back and is still in excellent condition. No orange peel, no stone chips, no blisters, no not or rust. Interior is mostly original and in excellent shape

Interior mostly original? The seat does not look it to me? How about the aftermarket radio? Maybe the dash is cut. Hey I think your response speaks for itself. Let's take advantage of the uniformed.

Again how about the black steering wheel with the black dash pad I would like to know if that was GM from the factory. I have never seen that. What about that maybe I can learn something from you?

I would like to know about that?
I was more than happy to have a discussion about this but you sending me PM's insulting what I like and what I have done to my vehicles is uncalled for.

I'm out, I'm not getting banned over something like this.

68’ GMC shortbox

72' 2WD Blazer

67' LongBox C-10

InstaGram ybnorml67

Last edited by YBNORML; 12-25-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #25
cooperhw

Quote:
I was more than happy to have a discussion about this but you sending me PM's insulting what I like and what I have done to my vehicles is uncalled for.

I'm out, I'm not getting banned over something like this.
I started to chime in against this thread (which I deem as a form of Hate) criticism earlier today. Had it typed up, but deleted as I don't like to get involved in hate type discussions. No matter the subject.
ESPECIALLY when the thread title is "Perfect example why people need this board". If your opinion of why people need this board is so we can take turns taking pot shots at something, or someone, this I will say, this is exactly "why people get turned off on a message board and quit coming back".
I guess a thread called 'jump in and rag on this dude's truck would be too blatant"?.
Not saying some issues brought out are not close to the mark, but a thread started for the sole reason of bashing another mans truck is not cool. It's not like a potential buyer asked for "expert advice" so it's fair game to dish it out. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on.
Start a thread showing something positive.
O.P., please don't take this personal. I am against "what is being said" on this type of a thread, not against the person saying it because I don't know you or any others saying this type of message.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. "Let's keep it positive".
Closed Thread